• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington is going to open before Sunday River this season.

Geoff

CDX plywood with dirt on it may be? It looked like chipboard when I first saw and said they could not be that lame.

Draw your own conclusions from these photos:

IMG_3353_k.jpg

IMG_3355_k.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
I thought the benefit of composites these days is durability. Some that I've walked on are a bit more 'grippy' as well. Wet lumber can be a bit sketchy to walk on in ski boots.

bigbob

It should last at least 10 years...but I would think they would build some sort of upper mountain lift before that.

I was referring to a future lift solution, rather than the life of the material used to construct the walkway.

powderskier2

First ski turns at ski resort for 2010/11 season at Fernie Alpine Resort

breaking news! First ski turns at ski resort for the 2010/11 season happened today at Fernie Alpine Resort, Fernie, British Columbia.. The skier, Powder Matt Mosteller, dropped in the Currie Bowl, one of the 5 Alpine Bowls at Fernie Alpine Resort. Fernie Alpine Resort, averages over 30 feet of snow a winter! Located in the Powder Triangle, along the Powder Highway in Southeastern, British Columbia. With a La Nina season it is time to make the break to Fernie so you can rip the pow this winter!

check out more info at www.skircr.com/matts-blog
matts-blog

Tin Woodsman

breaking news! First ski turns at ski resort for the 2010/11 season happened today at Fernie Alpine Resort, Fernie, British Columbia.. The skier, Powder Matt Mosteller, dropped in the Currie Bowl, one of the 5 Alpine Bowls at Fernie Alpine Resort. Fernie Alpine Resort, averages over 30 feet of snow a winter! Located in the Powder Triangle, along the Powder Highway in Southeastern, British Columbia. With a La Nina season it is time to make the break to Fernie so you can rip the pow this winter!

matts-blog

Is this your picture?

spam.jpg

Edd

matts-blog

Jackson Hole might have you beat...

http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/95959/powder-turns-in-september-jackson-hole-9-11-2010