• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington is going to open before Sunday River this season.

millerm277

Actually, with that path, they've got at least a good chance. Killington does have plenty of hydrants and concentrated firepower up in the Glades, and Rime isn't too difficult to cover with a WROD.

Vortex

I give the credit to jerseyjoey. He said this previously and has bets with some of us.

Competition is good. I think K has the elevation advantage. Its a matter of wanting to do it. Very possible if they can get people up and back out of the upper mountain. Sounds like a change of heart after the early close last year.

Sr will open as soon as they can. Length of season is A huge deal to me. HYS you were right on about them not being open for turkey day last year.

We shall see.

permit says for summer use, or that is how i read it.

skiadikt

I give the credit to jerseyjoey. He said this previously and has bets with some of us.

Competition is good. I think K has the elevation advantage. Its a matter of wanting to do it. Very possible if they can get people up and back out of the upper mountain. Sounds like a change of heart after the early close last year.

Sr will open as soon as they can. Length of season is A huge deal to me. HYS you were right on about them not being open for turkey day last year.

We shall see.

permit says for summer use, or that is how i read it.

actually says "also" summer use. says the permit is good until oct 1, 2014, so they have 4 yrs to implement it.

Black Phantom

What I thought too. So that trail is gone.

Not necessarily. That trail fills in nicely with snow once the season starts. Walking through there in the summer one would wonder how it could ever be skied. If it gets "filled in" properly as walkway it could still stand alone as a trail once the "season" really starts to kick in.

mondeo

Actually, with that path, they've got at least a good chance. Killington does have plenty of hydrants and concentrated firepower up in the Glades, and Rime isn't too difficult to cover with a WROD.
If they get it up an running by mid-October, I don't see how they don't open first if they want. They were close last year as it was, but Bunny Buster kills them. 3-4 degrees from altitude is worth a week, northern exposure maybe another week. Haloween off the NRT should pretty much be a gimme.