• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington is going to open before Sunday River this season.

slatham

Amazing that SR has literally no natural while K, Bush, Stowe all have good natural ground coverage.

Highway Star

Would love to see them go into the Canyon and hit Dipper, East Fall, and out the Spillway. I can't stand the long boring way down through Snowdon. Unfortunately they have to appeal to the masses.

How about appealing to reality?

yeggous

Reality is, as much as K tries this year Monday River is offering a better product.

This is the truth. And they stayed open an extra week into the warm spell. It's as if K-Mart isn't really trying that hard.

Jully

This is the truth. And they stayed open an extra week into the warm spell. It's as if K-Mart isn't really trying that hard.

341a.jpg

I'm not convinced that they were ever open! Where's the snow? Clearly just a marketing ploy against the all mighty and infallable Monday River.

steamboat1

Amazing that SR has literally no natural while K, Bush, Stowe all have good natural ground coverage.

At elevation Stowe reported 6", Sugarbush 5". K (who usually under reports believe it or not) 2".

A little poaching at Stowe yesterday.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1447551477.186759.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1447551477.186759.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 206

chuckstah

Killington is closed due to a power outage. No word on when it will be back up and running. According to their snow report.

Vortex

I skied the River for a few runs Yesterday. T2 was good After the first run and it got broken up. Punch was a solid. You could make it almost to the Bottom on Punch. 50 yards of Walking to the Bottom. One more night of snowmaking and I think it will officially be top to bottom.

chuckstah

Just saw the report. Nice. Tonight looks cold. I bet they finish it off tonight.

I skied the morning today. Guns were going top to bottom until about 10, but the base area was still a little weak. They blew a ribbon almost to the lift, but there was still a very short walk (maybe 10 yards) required. T2 and Upper Punch skied quite good, while Lower Punch needed more traffic.
I asked around about the Aurora snow making and the consensus is that it is a test to see if they can get more terrain open for Thanksgiving by blowing the higher elevation trails during marginal weather. They will up and down load if need be. Early ops may move over that way in the future if successful. It may or may not open this weekend pending the incoming weather.

chuckstah

Crappy pic of the base area

Attachments

• 1447802195846.jpg
    1447802195846.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 91