• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's up with Maple Valley?

mrvpilgrim

I to have been drinking less IPA. Find myself gravitating to Porters Stouts and Browns. My local watering hole has had a White Lion red on tap lately that I have become attached to

Glenn

Here's an update...that doesn't really update on much:

The Newfane Creamery new place is now called "The Fat Crow". Not open as of yet which is surprising. They did a lot of construction over the winter.

Rick's on Rt 30 still has a for sale sign up front...and are still open for business.

No for sale sign in front of Maple Valley and they had a few lights on inside at night.

Oh, tons of people swimming at the river this weekend, mobbed!

KustyTheKlown

I can't get into sours and I'm rapidly getting bored with IPAs. Need more people making beers focusing more on malts than hops for a change.

you should drink palatine pils from suarez in the hudson valley and vliet pilsner from threes in brooklyn. two great "beer type beers"

other half hosted an IPA festival in brooklyn 2 weekends ago. 40 of the best breweries in the world brought 3-5 IPAs and 1-2 other styles. minimal lines. unlimited pours for 5 hours. it was swell

Glenn

Reviving this one. Not much activity at all at Maple Valley since it sold. They installed a gate on the parking lot that's on the other side of Rt30. You'll occasionally see a vehicle or two parked in front of the lodge; probably hikers. Not sure what the new owners have planned.

icecoast1

Reviving this one. Not much activity at all at Maple Valley since it sold. They installed a gate on the parking lot that's on the other side of Rt30. You'll occasionally see a vehicle or two parked in front of the lodge; probably hikers. Not sure what the new owners have planned.

Wasnt it supposed to become some type of brewery? Doubt we'll ever see lift serviced skiing there again

Glenn

That was on the table last I heard. The inside of the lodge is in really good shape from what I saw a few years back when we went for a hike.

drjeff

Interesting find. Just saw a post on a FB snowmakers thread, from a guy who's bio has listed as the "CEO of Sugar Mountain Holdings/Maple Valley" asking if someone in SoVT has contacts for folks they use for pumps/motors/drives service, and also saying that the old diesel's he's looking for service on may need to be a start from scratch as new electric pumps....

Maybe something might actually be going to happen at Maple Valley in the not too distant future :unsure::unsure:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Interesting find. Just saw a post on a FB snowmakers thread, from a guy who's bio has listed as the "CEO of Sugar Mountain Holdings/Maple Valley" asking if someone in SoVT has contacts for folks they use for pumps/motors/drives service, and also saying that the old diesel's he's looking for service on may need to be a start from scratch as new electric pumps....

Maybe something might actually be going to happen at Maple Valley in the not too distant future :unsure::unsure:
There have been some fits and starts the last 20 years or so. I think the last time it was open was in 2000? Hopefully it reopens.

drjeff

There have been some fits and starts the last 20 years or so. I think the last time it was open was in 2000? Hopefully it reopens.
That's probably about the right timeframe. I know that I have owned my condo at Mount Snow or been doing seasonal resntals there since 2002, and it hasn't been operating any of those years when for various reason's we'd take route 30 and cut over on our trips to/from our place

tumbler

I think they might need to get their water withdrawal permits reinstated. No small hurdle there.

Newpylong

I got my buddy who designs/installs systems in touch with him to meet up and look at the place.

Last edited: