• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WTB: Whole Ski Package (Skis, bindings, boots, poles)

PAFirefighter

Website
www.RickRotondoPhoto.com
Hey all,

Brand new to the forum, but I am on several other Jeep, motorcycle, photography, etc., forums. Haven't been on the slopes in 5 years since a ski accident at Blue Mountain. I NEED to get going again (Not to mention my g/f boards sooooo I'll be heading to the slopes often and rental gear just isn't cool!).

I'm looking for the following:

Pair of skis: 160-180cm (I am 6'4", 165lbs, and have about 6 years experience in PA.) - prefer shaped skis please!
Bindings: Preferably mounted already
Pair of boots: Mens size 9.5-12 boots (varies on brand)
Poles: Whatever length I need for the above deal

Brand preferences are: Salomon, Rossingol, Head, Atomic, Elan, K2, Dynastar, etc. - something decent. I'm looking to spend LESS than $400 total. Used gear is fine obviously. I am located in Exton, PA near West Chester and travel Center City Philly, Brick Township, NJ, Maryland, Delaware, etc., so could meet up half way or something depending. I prefer in person pickup versus shipping, but do have a PayPal account if the need arises.

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Hey, I'm a Blue regular also, so welcome to AZ. Under $400 might be tough, but I'd suggest checking out Nestors ski swap sale. I'll get that date. Just a suggestion, spend a little time and coin on boots. Getting the right boot for your foot shape is so important. Check out Craigslist, or maybe http://www.geartrade.com for skis and poles.

wa-loaf

Take $300 and buy good boots. Rent skis for the rest of the season. Buy skis next year.

Trekchick

What strikes me on this OP is that the range in size is quite large in both the skis and boots.
Whatever you do, make sure that you get the right size.
A bargain is not a bargain if it doesn't fit.

bigbog

my $.01,
Ditto on the boots-theme...and you might wanna shoot up into central-to-northern NewEngland to hit one or more demo days. Shops(ski salespeople/bootfitters) are all open since Columbus Day wkend up here....

Last edited: