• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I'll take zero any day.

J

jlangdale

It's weird how zero degrees feels unusually bareable and almost comfortable. I just went outside to start my car and it's to just be able to stand around outside for a few minutes. It may get as high as 18 tomorrow, time to get the shorts on!

I don't think I can take -40 for more than a few days. I'm from the west coast of California and beyond. I've even lived in Arizona during 120 degree record heat when airports close. I don't mind the cold, but these last few days went past my limit.

R

redheadskier

Zero Degrees and Loving It (Sorta)

It's amazing how some of the best skiing I have ever had was when it was 20 below. The snow has a dryness to it that makes it just like powdered sugar

On the otherhand, if the wind is blowing at 20 below, I'd rather be lodge-sitt'n