• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WTB: Volkl Supersport 6 Stars 175cm

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
You read that right. I am looking for a skinny ski. 8)

I demoed these at one point and had a complete blast ripping the groomers. Couldn't justify paying full price for them, though. Looking to pick up a used pair on the cheap. Pitch me an offer if you have a pair you are thinking about unloading. Trying to rediscover my inner groomer ripper when conditions are less than ideal. :D

wa-loaf

don't know of any, but I bet you can find some cheap at a swap. Aren't they at least 4 years old now?

drjeff

6 stars - sweet front side mach 10 ripper for sure! Maximum G force turns are a given! :)

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
don't know of any, but I bet you can find some cheap at a swap. Aren't they at least 4 years old now?
I demoed them in December 2004 so the earliest version is now six years old. I figure they are just about ready for the bargain basement clear out at this point. :cool: I am okay with a little wear and tear or some minor base damage.

roark

I laughed out loud when I saw this. Thanks.

Never demoed the ripsticks? I love mine for this purpose. Or just go whole hog and pick up some race stock dobermans ;)

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com

Never demoed the ripsticks? I love mine for this purpose. Or just go whole hog and pick up some race stock dobermans ;)
I figured many people would. But just for the record, this is a serious thread and not a joke! :cool:

Never have tried the ripsticks, no. Not looking for race stock. Might consider snapping up something in the "race stock light" category other than the six stars but would prefer something I have already experienced.

wa-loaf

I figured many people would. But just for the record, this is a serious thread and not a joke! :cool:

Never have tried the ripsticks, no. Not looking for race stock. Might consider snapping up something in the "race stock light" category other than the six stars but would prefer something I have already experienced.

Actually, now that I have the Progressor 9s my Ripsticks are kind of redundant. I'd let them go pretty cheap if you are interested. 178's in good shape with the usual scrapes and dings.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Actually, now that I have the Progressor 9s my Ripsticks are kind of redundant. I'd let them go pretty cheap if you are interested. 178's in good shape with the usual scrapes and dings.

Didn't you get your Proggessors for about $400 new with bindings? I'd imagine there are some deals on them out there right now.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

You are enjoying those, huh? My buddy also has them and he skis Stratton, so he should know groomers....lol. But seriously he has really good things to say about the progressors..

Last edited:

wa-loaf

You are enjoying those, huh? My buddy also has them and he skis Stratton, so he should know groomers....lol. But seriously he has really good things to say about the progressors..

I bought them to be mainly my night league skis, but they've also become my groomer ski. Mainly because I don't want to drag 2 pairs of skis to the hill at night.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Cool, thanks for the possible alternative. I'll keep that in mind if the 6* does not pan out... but I am in no rush either.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Progressor 9s!

WJenness

Cool, thanks for the possible alternative. I'll keep that in mind if the 6* does not pan out... but I am in no rush either.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Progressor 9s!

river,

Sorry... I just snaked you on Jens' skis.. :oops:

-w

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Have you considered the Volkl Superspeed? They are like magnets on the hardpack. So much stability carving and ripping, instills a lot of confidence. My friends say when I'm on the flats next to them, I just pull away from them. Same construction but the width is 70 instead of 68. I just love them on the hardest of hardpack days. I'm sure you could handle them better than I.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Have you considered the Volkl Superspeed? They are like magnets on the hardpack. So much stability carving and ripping, instills a lot of confidence. My friends say when I'm on the flats next to them, I just pull away from them. Same construction but the width is 70 instead of 68. I just love them on the hardest of hardpack days. I'm sure you could handle them better than I.
Never tried them. If they are anything like the six speeds or even a little bit more aggressive even, I am sure I would love them. I don't need a ski that instills confidence. Just looking for something to rip groomers with... something that is pretty demanding but rewards that demand with jaw dropping performance. The Superspeeds debuted two years after the six stars so they are more recent... so I figure I am less likely to find them on the cheap, even used.

Would love to find a used pair of six stars (since I tried them, loved them, and know exactly what to expect), but perhaps I should open up my considerations for other skis of comparable nature in that mid-00s vintage.

Open for recommendations on other used skis to pursue. However, I would like an opinion of someone that has skied the six stars and can compare them to other skis... I won't give much if any value to a recommendation that is not based on having actually tried six stars as that would not be a truly comparative perspective.