• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best affordable goggles

gmcunni

They do but the selection can be a bit of a crap shoot...

yes, but that is true for EVERYTHING at TJ Maxx

i've shopped for ski pants there the past 2 seasons. hit or miss on sizes and styles, even what they have from store to store.

bvibert

Staff member
I got some pretty nice Giro goggles for very cheap at TJMaxx last year or the year before. Unfortunately they don't fit quite as well with my Giro helmet as I was expecting, but they're not bad.

deadheadskier

Staff member
goggles are one piece of equipment that don't excite me much. As long as they work, I'm happy. I guess the same could be said for all soft goods. I'll go five years before replacing pants or jackets as long as they still work and fit properly.

gmcunni

goggles are one piece of equipment that don't excite me much. As long as they work, I'm happy.

goggles frustrate the crap out of me when they don't work! i have a very hard time finding goggles that work well for me in flat light, i hate not being able to see well.

Hawkshot99

You dont even want to see my goggle collection. I think I have between 10 and 15 pairs sitting on my shelf. And this was with giving away a bunch of pairs to friends last season. Between the free ones I get from reps, or the ones I buy. I am to lazy to change out lenses, so I just have many of the same frames that fit me good with different lenses.

hammer

goggles frustrate the crap out of me when they don't work! i have a very hard time finding goggles that work well for me in flat light, i hate not being able to see well.
I'm still trying to figure out the best flat light goggle. Clear lenses don't really do it for me either...they are good at night but not for flat light.

SKIQUATTRO

i wear yellow 90% of the time
rose
clear

i buy cheap goggles...all have worked great, no issues

bvibert

Staff member
My biggest problem with goggles is them fogging up when I'm skiing hard.... :-?

gmcunni

Where can I find a good pair of goggles for $50 or less? Any specific recommendations?

FYI - tramdock email says they'll have Smith Fuse goggles for sale today @ 50% off (should be around $45)

last time i they had them up there were many styles and lense tints to choose from.