• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass with light assistance 9/14/10

bvibert

Staff member

rueler

I learned the hard way when I didn't have a back up light...My Air Bike light failed on ride 1 last year. It was going on and off periodically, then just OFF. My car was at Stone, I was on B-Street. NOW, I always have at least a mini torch with a zip tie. When needed, I attach it to my helmet. Thankfully, I haven't had to do that yet.

bvibert

Staff member
I always carry a hiking headlamp in my pack just in case. I don't think I could do much riding with it. But it would be enough to get out of the woods

WoodCore

I still want to climb the Cornwall DH this year. You up for it?

Don't know what I was thinking but I ended up climbing it last night. It actually wasn't that bad, no stops and two dabs that could easily have been avoided with a little better line selection. I did however skip the nasty Blue/Green section on the west side of Cornwall Road opting to pedal up Cornwall and head left onto the dirt section of Miller Road.

Probably the worst part of pedaling up was worrying about some jamoke flying down the trail and running into me.

rueler

Don't know what I was thinking but I ended up climbing it last night. It actually wasn't that bad, no stops and two dabs that could easily have been avoided with a little better line selection. I did however skip the nasty Blue/Green section on the west side of Cornwall Road opting to pedal up Cornwall and head left onto the dirt section of Miller Road.

Probably the worst part of pedaling up was worrying about some jamoke flying down the trail and running into me.

NICE JOB!! I hear you about worrying about people cruising down at warp speeds. I've never had anyone come down the trail as I was going up...but, I'm thinking that you'd probably hear them coming...chainslap, etc. due to the higher speeds.