• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Segway company owner killed after riding Segway off cliff

snoseek

You realize I'm holding back, trying so hard.........

mondeo

I feel bad to say that I laughed when I saw this on the news. The irony is just to strong. Just as if Bill Gates would fall out of a window to his death.
No, for Gates it would have to be a set malfunction while recording something in front of a bluescreen.

I think I've got an idea for a nerdy thriller here. Que movie trailer voiceover guy: "For the actors on the set of studio 42, it was supposed to be just another day of bluescreen filming. But little did they know it was a haunted blue screen. A blue screen...of death."

And I don't feel bad.

SkiDork

No, for Gates it would have to be a set malfunction while recording something in front of a bluescreen.

I think I've got an idea for a nerdy thriller here. Que movie trailer voiceover guy: "For the actors on the set of studio 42, it was supposed to be just another day of bluescreen filming. But little did they know it was a haunted blue screen. A blue screen...of death."

And I don't feel bad.

mondeo - I don't think you got the sarcasm in the original Gates suggestion... It was the best possible.

Fall out of a

img_102941_windows-logo.jpg

Although BSOD isn't bad...

mondeo

mondeo - I don't think you got the sarcasm in the original Gates suggestion... It was the best possible.
No, I got that the Windows was as close to an exact analogue as you could realistically get. I just thought a literal blue screen of death would be funnier.

ctenidae

The defenestration of Gates- there's some humor there. Like Jim Balsillie choking to death on a pip, or Alan Mulaly drowining at a shallow river crossing, or Louis Camilleri getting lung cnacer.

Could be a whole series of murder mysteries. Where's Sue Grafton when you need her? Or even a SkiDiva?