• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Poll: What's yer fave cheese for a grilled cheese sammy?

Fave cheese

• white american

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • yellow american

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • muenster

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • cheddar

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • pepperjack

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • mozzerella

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • brie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • jarlsberg/swiss

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

deadheadskier

Staff member
voted swiss, specifically Gruyere. Add a bit of thinly sliced apple and some carmelized onion. sweet

noski

Last week we stopped at the Balsams golf course restaurant and had a great lunch. I had Grilled 4-Cheese Sandwich: American, Asiago, fresh mozzarella, house smoked provolone, tomato jam. It was stunning. (but in real life, +2 on Warp Daddy)

mondeo

Always a tuna or chicken salad melt for me, but munester's the go-to.

Making it at home, though, what I've gone to is mixing tuna in with shredded mozzerella instead of mixing with mayo and sliced cheese. That way the cheese acts as the tuna glue and I can forgo the mayo, which I don't particularly care for.

Also, not technically grilled. Baked in aluminum foil to get the temperature up, then opened up to toast the bread.

gorgonzola

mmmm....me too, except faux - pepperjack and a slice of the last garden 'maters on whole wheat pita dropped in the toaster for a few...