• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Has anyone played Green Mtn National?

2knees

Going up to killington for the columbus day weekend and my buddy got a tee time there. I've heard the place is pretty difficult, any opinions?

drjeff

Haven't played it this season, so I'm not sure of it's condition (it's usually in very good shape), but overall it can be a challenging course. It's what's classically known as a target style golf course, where if you play it like the architect wants you to, rather than just hit the ball as far as you possibly can at every chance, you'll be fine.

After a couple of holes, most folks realize where the architect has the landing areas for ones drives, and if you play to those areas (even if another club might get you 10,20, 30+ yards past there, you'll be fine, since trouble can pop up quickly past the landing areas.

IMHO, for the "average" golfer, Green Mountain National is a much more fun round of golf than the Killington Golf Course, which is much more hilly and narrow

2knees

IMHO, for the "average" golfer, Green Mountain National is a much more fun round of golf than the Killington Golf Course, which is much more hilly and narrow

what about for the total hack, which i've become in the last few years......