• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

10-10-10

legalskier

....falls on Sunday. Many weddings planned; supposedly it's good luck. Will it be luckier if they start at 10 seconds after the 10th minute of the 10th hour?

All around the world, the attraction of saying 'I do' on an unforgettable date has sparked a massive rush by couples to organise their big day for the 10th day of the 10th month of the 10th year of the century. More than 31,000 romantic couples are to get hitched this Sunday as the unique date proves to be the hottest day for a wedding this year.***The next most favoured wedding dates are 11-11-11 and 12-12-12, and after those dates any triple digit dates will not happen again until the year 3001.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ush-marry-romantic-couples.html#ixzz11hQ2g3uX

dmc

Another cool date coming up is 1.1.11

I'm going to see Phish that night in NYC..

drjeff

Friends of mine got married on 7/7/07. It was really hot out.

My brothers kids ended up being born on 5-05-05 (twins) and then on 7-07-07, and as much as she swears she didn't do anything to make it happen, apparently the fact that my brother's wife is an OB/GYN didn't have anything to do with their delivery dates :rolleyes:

mondeo

and after those dates any triple digit dates will not happen again until the year 3001.
So what you're saying is that if I miss the 2012 date, I need to be duped into delivering a pizza to a cryogenic freezing company, get tipped into a freezing chamber by a cuddly alien, and be woken up in 3001 to work for an interstellar shipping company?

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
So what you're saying is that if I miss the 2012 date, I need to be duped into delivering a pizza to a cryogenic freezing company, get tipped into a freezing chamber by a cuddly alien, and be woken up in 3001 to work for an interstellar shipping company?

One pizza for an I.C. Weiner.

bvibert

Staff member

Precisely!

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
My brothers kids ended up being born on 5-05-05 (twins) and then on 7-07-07, and as much as she swears she didn't do anything to make it happen, apparently the fact that my brother's wife is an OB/GYN didn't have anything to do with their delivery dates :rolleyes:

And our daughter was born on the ever-so-awesome 6/6/06. Just sayin'.