• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski quandry

powbmps

So.....I love my Mojo 90's and want to go a bit shorter. Supposedly these are the exact same ski.

Will they make me feel even more alone?

CM156.jpg

They look great with the green AZ theme.

powbmps

Seriously though.....at 90mm underfoot I'm thinking they are a good everyday ski (when moguls aren't the priority) that will still work in the deeper snow. I don't know if my ego can take the length reduction (and butterflies), but they should be a little easier to turn in the tight stuff.

Plus they're only $189.00, and more importantly, have the wife's approval.

bvibert

Staff member
Given that you need the wife's approval, they are clearly perfect for ya. ;)

This! :lol:

Seriously, who cares about the butterflies? If they're the length you want then go for it. If they really bother you that much then take a can of paint to the top sheets and call it good.

Puck it

This! :lol:

Seriously, who cares about the butterflies? If they're the length you want then go for it. If they really bother you that much then take a can of paint to the top sheets and call it good.

I did not think he was serious. Rattle can will work well. Just us Krylon Fusion. You will have to sand the top sheets first and then spray. USe stickers to personalize or make some type of stencil to spray a different color.

What about a butterfly stencil?:wink::wink::wink:

tjf67

So.....I love my Mojo 90's and want to go a bit shorter. Supposedly these are the exact same ski.

Will they make me feel even more alone?

CM156.jpg

They look great with the green AZ theme.

Are you sure its a mens ski?

gorgonzola

whew i couldn't do it. flip side - same thing with a set of pe's a few years back. just couldn't get past the graphics

maybe killer butterflies?

mondeo

Also, for what it's worth, I have Roxy PX12s on my all-mountain/park skis. Same idea, same stuff but save money.

powbmps

I think he's sure it's a women's ski.

They say it's the exact same ski as the manly purple Mojo 90:

"It doesn't matter what that under aged $7 hour worker at your local big box says... THIS IS THE EXACT SAME SKI AS THE MOJO 90!!
We have skied them, weighed them, verified with Head, and consulted Ouiji boards. It's not our fault that your local dealer is an idiot who doesn't do any research and doesn't know the product he sells. So pick up the best ski that exists, piss off the ignorant big box, and have a blast. Yes, this was marketed as a ladies ski. But once again, for the last time the only difference between this ski and the unisex version Mojo 90 is the topsheet graphics."

I don't think they had much luck selling the 186 to the ladies. They have the 176 for $60 more.

powbmps

Also, for what it's worth, I have Roxy PX12s on my all-mountain/park skis. Same idea, same stuff but save money.

I noticed that in one of the threads, but wasn't going to say anything :wink:.