• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jeff Tweedy and Mavis Staples on Colbert

thetrailboss

Staff member
I saw both of them at the Solid Sound Festival in North Adams back in August. Mavis is on Tweedy's label and he opened for Wilco. Holy sh$% she was amazing! Wilco was great as well...they played without an intermission IIRC. It was great!

As to the festival: this was the first year and it was really well done. I've heard that they are definitely doing it again next year. I highly recommend it...some great bands, great comedy, and great art. The movie part: not so good in my opinion ;)

Edd

I didn't know about that festival. Wilco is fantastic. Saw them in Concord, NH last April.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Solid Sound Festival was done at MoCA and this was the first year they did it. You would not have known it based on how well it was run. Wilco ran the festival and 'currated' the weekend by selecting the bands and acts.