• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bradbury 10/08

BackLoafRiver

Not much to report on the Bradbury front. Got out for a quick solo ride. Met up with some guy at the lot who had never been. I offered to show him around. We did A LOT of double track. (he wasn't into the whole singletrack thing) After 45 minutes or so we parted ways while he continued up the double, I headed into the woods. Real nice guy and it felt good to ride with someone again.

Turns out, the trails were more wet than the ranger expressed. Walked around a bunch of water. The leaves were all over the place, soaked, and SLOW. The rocks were super slick as well. Couple that with clouds that moved in almost as soon as I hit the dirt and it made for a crappy ride all around. Still...better than not getting out at all.

I did manage to snap 3 shots. (the pics don't do the scenery any justice)

Not sure how this ended up so blurry. :???:
DSC01462.jpg

DSC01463.jpg

I liked the way the leaves fell on the bridge:
DSC01465.jpg

powbmps

Have they always allowed mountain biking at Bradbury? I moved from the area five years ago. The limited riding I did was on the powerlines (which are actually pretty good around Gray) but never thought to head over to Bradbury.

BackLoafRiver

From what I understand it has been building up for years. I am not sure when it started but I know that they just sealed a deal with several land owners (including Central Maine Power) that is going to add 30 + miles of new singletrack. (which will include some power line riding)