• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Well, looky what we have here.....

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
44246_435195452875_52540077875_5344356_6463603_n.jpg

snoseek

Before we all get too excited though, just noticed that the point forecast says its 43* at elevation 1150'. This was blow for show only.

It worked for marketing puposes, I just dropped 669 for a silver! I was putting it off till the last minute. Now I'm officially commited to the east coast for the winter and actually excited about it!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
It worked for marketing puposes, I just dropped 669 for a silver! I was putting it off till the last minute. Now I'm officially commited to the east coast for the winter and actually excited about it!
Yea, definitely a great marketing move. I have been critical of "blowing out the mice" in the past. But this was not just show for blow but also a showing of intent, a showing that Sunday River is the real deal and is going to go for it just like last year. WJenness sums that up nicely a few posts earlier...

jerryg

The very interesting part this this "test" is that they chose to do this on T2 as opposed to somewhere more visible. The question I have is; what was the temp 6 hours ago at that same elevation. Everyone knows this was blow for show, but they did it on the trail that they open first. SR may have just tipped their hats. It's K's turn for the next move so we can get this season started!

jerryg

Will they be the first to open again?

Overnight temps are not favorable for the next couple of weeks. The below freezing windows look much much smaller than last year at this time when they pounded out enough snow to last two weeks of wet and warm weather. I would say that it'll be a toss-up between SR and K for some time toward the end of the month. With shown commitment by Boyne and a possible resurgence by K, the days of Woodbury or The Cat sneaking in there, are over. :fangun:

MonkeyBrook

Up here at SR...the temps this AM were in high 30s at base...so probably colder up top. The snowmaking show tied in nicely with the Fall Fest activities...nice buzz today. Heard they will test the lines all the way down T2 and Sunday Punch...so yes if true...SR is tipping their hat on what they will open first. Agree with JerryG...open a few weeks from now.