• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A little score from Wachusett's Ski Swap

Joshua B

I just upgraded my skis after 10 or so years. I picked up some new leftovers, Elan M10. 176 cm. I'm 6"3 185 lbs. Any opinion of these skis? Are they about 8 years old?

Thanks!

They were $70 plus tax.

Last edited:

wa-loaf

I picked up a couple things of mine that didn't sell at the WA swap this weekend, still made about $220 bucks. Anyway noticed on the racks there were some sweet 80's descente one pieces for sale for $40. Resisted the urge to grab one ...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Anyway noticed on the racks there were some sweet 80's descente one pieces for sale for $40. Resisted the urge to grab one ...

you should've picked some up and put them up on Ebay. They end up going for over $100 if it's a particular outrageous one in good condition. A couple of years ago I was trying to score one for Gaper day. I couldn't believe the prices people would end up paying. I ended up picking up some 80s Descente Racing Stretch Pants instead. Arrived in the mail and my fat ass couldn't fit in them. :lol:

maybe this year i'll be able to bust them out

wa-loaf

you should've picked some up and put them up on Ebay. They end up going for over $100 if it's a particular outrageous one in good condition. A couple of years ago I was trying to score one for Gaper day. I couldn't believe the prices people would end up paying. I ended up picking up some 80s Descente Racing Stretch Pants instead. Arrived in the mail and my fat ass couldn't fit in them. :lol:

maybe this year i'll be able to bust them out

I guess next year I'll see what I can grab. They even had the pair that Radio Ron wears.

Joshua B

$70....not bad at all JB.

Yeah! Yay for upgraded equipment! With new Marker bindings, ready to go!

elanm1001.jpg

elanm1002.jpg

(I'm not bragging about fancy new equipment. I know the skis are old and the bindings are probably low end.)

thetrailboss

Staff member
$70? Wow. That is a good deal. Those skis look nice. As long as you have fun with them, who cares? :wink: