• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fastest speed you have skied?

AMBR

Fastest I know for sure I've gotten is low 40's, but my light weight Sal XScreams chatter at high speeds so I'm limited. I'd love to clock my 21-year-old son....or maybe not. Saw him fly down Outer Limits in under 30 seconds a few weeks ago. The guy's a weight trainer and has excellent form, but it's hard for Mom to watch.

skizilla

Cannon 66

I was using my tracks on my evo droid and i hit 66 on avalanche at cannon. Really great place to do this as it is very even terrain and groomed, steep and part of the race course. I am pretty sure I could hit 70 in one of those ski race suits or with speedier skis. Also a good place cause you can dump a lot of speed at the botton pretty safely. My typical fast runs go about 50.

Hawkshot99

84.4 miles per hour is my current top speed according to alpine replay. Me and 1 of my Race buddies have been going back and forth all season trying to see who can get the highest speed recorded.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

WWF-VT

84.4 miles per hour is my current top speed according to alpine replay. Me and 1 of my Race buddies have been going back and forth all season trying to see who can get the highest speed recorded.

Hate to burst your bubble but the top skiers in the world hit about 80 miles an hour at the Birds of Prey Downhill at Beaver Creek. It's extremely unlikely that you are hitting anywhere near 84.4 MPH as measured by a cell phone GPS

drjeff

The fastest speed ever in a worldcup mens downhill was recorded during the Lauberhorn in Wengen, Switzerland last weekend. The French racer (his name is escaping me right now) went through the last speed trap at 100.6mph!! Legit timing/speed measurement!!

tt431

Skitracks clocked me 139.6 MPH a few days ago but I'm sure it was off by a couple of MPH.:spread:

fast.jpg

drjeff

The fastest speed ever in a worldcup mens downhill was recorded during the Lauberhorn in Wengen, Switzerland last weekend. The French racer (his name is escaping me right now) went through the last speed trap at 100.6mph!! Legit timing/speed measurement!!

It was Johan Clarey of France who broke the 100mph barrier last weekend

Here's a link to the story and the video of his run is also in the link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...y-man-break-100mph-mark-skiing-World-Cup.html

Hawkshot99

Hate to burst your bubble but the top skiers in the world hit about 80 miles an hour at the Birds of Prey Downhill at Beaver Creek. It's extremely unlikely that you are hitting anywhere near 84.4 MPH as measured by a cell phone GPS

I figured it was off, but I have a gps reading that shows the speed! PS the top FIS racers are over 100mph+...

Hawkshot99

I figured it was off, but I have a gps reading that shows the speed! PS the top FIS racers are over 100mph+...

Since my phones GPS is so inacurate....
My top "confermed" speed is 67.7 that was when I stayed exactly with my friend running a Garmin GPS.

abovetreeline

I do not ski particularly fast, however, every once in a while I can hit 40 MPH.

I have skied on and off with a GPS for 5 years. I have learned that the difference between feeling comfortable and having your sphincter tighten is not very much. I am happy at 35 mph and then it is pucker time at 38. I skied with a friend last year who said "If your going 35, then I can easily break 50". He never did.

It is amazing how quickly it goes from comfortable cruising to sphincter tightening! couldn't agree more!

2knees

Not sure about that. I've hit 90 on my snowlerblades.

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
I hit 69.4 on a recent trip to Snowmass according to my Alpine Replay App... Also skied 50k vertical on one of the days.