• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 2.0 at Sugarloaf - March 25-27, 2011

Greg

Staff member
The welcome and apres parties are a good time (i've seen some Widowmaker pics from last year's apres party floating around the forum :beer:), and the lodging package we've put together is a pretty screamin deal (it works out to just 99 bucks total for 2 nights lodging and 2 days skiing if you fill your condo).

Indeed. A hundred bucks for skiing AND lodging for two days! It's almost FREE.

If the snow is good, the Bracket Basin tour will be awesome for you guys as well. We have a couple of the patrollers who are on the glade cutting crew scheduled to show you guys around in there. If there's anyone who knows where the best lines are, it's definitely the guys who cut them.

That is going to be fantastic. Praying for snow, or at least skiable conditions.

Thanks guys!

Greg

Staff member
Call Center reports we're up to 40.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Tentative for a Saturday day trip. Optioning for Friday or Sunday if a storm lands on another day. Not doing the weekend package.

I would have (and had already taken Friday off back when this was first announced), but I still have a TON of vouchers I need to use up this season (including a Loaf voucher, bam!) so I'll be else where on Friday and Sunday. I can't take the double whammy of not using vouchers and paying more money. I'll plan better next season!

roark

Tentative for a Saturday day trip. Optioning for Friday or Sunday if a storm lands on another day. Not doing the weekend package.

I would have (and had already taken Friday off back when this was first announced), but I still have a TON of vouchers I need to use up this season (including a Loaf voucher, bam!) so I'll be else where on Friday and Sunday. I can't take the double whammy of not using vouchers and paying more money. I'll plan better next season!

Didn't you ever take an econ class...? Can't allow a sunk cost to affect future investments! :beer:

(I've still got a couple skiVT tix to use, plus a black voucher, and of course the Magic pass and crotched pass - crap I only went to the crotch once so far... dammit!)

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Did roark tell you what we're paying for the condo?
I am aware of the two night two ticket package being $99/pp. It breaks down like this: If I ski Fri-Sun at the Loaf and don't use my vouchers else where, it nearly doubles the price because at this point with so few days left, my vouchers are "use em or loose em" every weekend.

snowmonster

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop into this thread and say hello. We had a great time with all of you guys at last year's Summit and we're looking forward to this year's.

The welcome and apres parties are a good time (i've seen some Widowmaker pics from last year's apres party floating around the forum :beer:), and the lodging package we've put together is a pretty screamin deal (it works out to just 99 bucks total for 2 nights lodging and 2 days skiing if you fill your condo).

If the snow is good, the Bracket Basin tour will be awesome for you guys as well. We have a couple of the patrollers who are on the glade cutting crew scheduled to show you guys around in there. If there's anyone who knows where the best lines are, it's definitely the guys who cut them.

Hope to see a lot of you here again this year and meet a bunch of new folks as well. If you have any questions about the weekend or about Sugarloaf in general, feel free to give me a shout.

Ethan

^ Thanks for putting this together, Ethan. I'm looking forward to it -- especially the guided tour of Brackett Basin. Regardless of conditions, it's always a good day at the Loaf!

thetrailboss

Staff member
That sucks.

Yeah bad because I am missing Sugarloaf and skiing for a work related commitment that has come up, but good news in the sense that it is a special one-week Trial Lawyer Academy that the NY Bar Association is doing at Cornell Law School so that will help me be able to advance in life to be able to ski more some day. I can't complain...30 days so far this season. Life is good. :spin:

bigbog

.........special one-week Trial Lawyer Academy that the NY Bar Association is doing at Cornell Law School so that will help me be able to advance in life to be able to ski more some day. I can't complain...30 days so far this season. Life is good. :spin:

Bummer TB, but I think that passes as an excuse.:)

Last edited:

4aprice

Very jealous of all who are going to attend this event. Would love to go a meet up with some truely hot skiers and boarders and get some turns in. Unfortunately being stuck down here in NNJ makes Sugarloaf a true haul and going to Utah the following week means a no go for me. I know Sugarloaf is an great place and it looks like a great deal for the group but I hope in the future AZ might decide to try someplace in Vermont. Would love to attend one of these events but Maine is just too far for me being located down here west of NYC (and west of the Hudson River). Have fun all of you who attend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ski45

I live near Philly and will be taking the train....hubby won't drive that far so atleast we can snooze on the way and back.

darent

anyone looking for a room mate to fill a condo ,need lodging.for the summit, I am house broken, neat and 60ish

darent

made reservation for summit. i have a room at the sugarloaf inn, anyone looking for a last minute room PM me and I will share

WoodCore

Not to jinx's things but the weather for the AZ Summit is starting to look up! Accuweather is saying 3"-6" on Tuesday followed by below freezing temps through the weekend with the chance for more snow Friday, Saturday and Sunday!!! Goodbye suntan.......hello Bracket Basin!!

Either way getting pumped for next weekend! :fangun::fangun:

Updated roll call.......

Greg
Woodcore (+3)
bvibert
wa-loaf (+1)
Roark
WJenness
reefer
double eject
powderhound
jrskibum