• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Suggestions Needed

HD333

We are invited to a dinner party next Friday, our good friends are having a private chef come in and cooking for 6 couples ( all good friends).
Apparently he "won" this at a silent auction. Dinner includes apps/dinner/desserts and 2 cases of wine (yes I have done the math)

What do we bring? I am usually good for a few bottles of serious wine for the host and the wife usually whips up some crazy apps when we attend a dinner party. We obviously can't do that this time. Any suggestions? As of now it looks like a box of cigars and some type of flower arrangement. The hosts have deep pockets and already have just about every material object they could ever want so I am really looking for something that will add to the night rather than a material gift.
Thanks in advance.

tjf67

We are invited to a dinner party next Friday, our good friends are having a private chef come in and cooking for 6 couples ( all good friends).
Apparently he "won" this at a silent auction. Dinner includes apps/dinner/desserts and 2 cases of wine (yes I have done the math)

What do we bring? I am usually good for a few bottles of serious wine for the host and the wife usually whips up some crazy apps when we attend a dinner party. We obviously can't do that this time. Any suggestions? As of now it looks like a box of cigars and some type of flower arrangement. The hosts have deep pockets and already have just about every material object they could ever want so I am really looking for something that will add to the night rather than a material gift.
Thanks in advance.

Smokes and flowers sound perfect.

WakeboardMom

Smokes and flowers sound perfect.

I agree, that it's a great idea Were you thinking of sending the flowers in advance? To be a centerpiece...?

Just wondering if you want to bring flowers if they're all set for that.

NYDrew

you could just call and ask politely, "is there anything I can contribute to the night?"

a gag gift could express the sentiment but recognize there is nothing you could bring.

Geoff

+1

Or 4, depending on how many people are going to be there.

All joking aside, I'd probably bring alcohol.

Some suggestions:
Limoncello for the freezer

A really good dessert wine. I have some Zind-Humbrecht vendage tardive in my cellar that would be appropriate. A mid-grade Sauterne. Tokaj. An Austrian or German Eiswein.

HD333

Thanks all.
Cigars and a center piece delivered the day before it is. Plus a gag bday cake, we found out it is one of the guys bdays so we are grabbing a cake from a place called Sweet and Nasty in Boston, two big Boobs.

No green for this crowd unfortunatly.