• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Reader's Poll

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
When taking the poll I would recommend typing out a full name e.g. "Mad River Glen" or Jay Peak" vs simply "MRG" or "Jay". Keeps from splitting results...
Although it begs to question whether you typing in a Full name like "Stowe Mountain Resort" vs "Stowe".
I chose to leave off full name extensions and put in things like "Cannon" instead of "Cannon Mountain".

Last edited:

Smellytele

Having a hard time with a few of the categories - resorts under 1100. Don't care too much for parks, grooming or snow making. I will fill in what I can. Also missing destination village

Last edited:

gmcunni

When taking the poll I would recommend typing out a full name e.g. "Mad River Glen" or Jay Peak" vs simply "MRG" or "Jay". Keeps from splitting results...
Although it begs to question whether you typing in a Full name like "Stowe Mountain Resort" vs "Stowe".
I chose to leave off full name extensions and put in things like "Cannon" instead of "Cannon Mountain".

if people actually fill it out i'll clean up the answers at the end to address spelling/naming issues.

4aprice

I don't want this to sound as if its a complaint (its not) but I would like to see a more indepth survey with more refined catagories such as favorite mogul runs, Cruiser runs, Glades (if you wish to reveal them)etc. I would actually be interested in seeing the tallies from them as well and find out how many like what. I guess it could be done by threads but certain things might be redundent(sp?) to some. I left the terrain parks section blank so I hope my survey counts.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

gmcunni

up to 25 completed surveys.. i'll let it run for a few days and then tally up the results. you don't have to answer all questions to complete the survey.

trackbiker

I completed the survey but like the Ski Mag survey I only rated resorts that I've been to. This would naturally skew the results. For instance I hear the views of Mt. Washington from Wildcat are great but I've never been there. Also, while I love the old school resorts of Magic, Plattekille, and Elk, I've never been to Black Mt. NH. Left the parks section blank.

abc

I'm putting Plattekill in the "Under 1100' catagory. 1) It's exactly 1100 according to its website so technically doesn't fit into the "over 1100" anyway. 2) It doesn't have a chance in the OVER 1100 group. ;)

I haven't skied that many different resorts in the northeast. Killington, which used to be my favorate, is no more. I've pretty much stick to a few favorates and only occasionally venture out to un-knowns. So far, the only "new" favorate from last year is Bretton Woods. The rest of my "venture" has been mostly disappointments (e.g. Waterville :( ).

So I only had one or two entry in several catagories.

A couple of my "regulars" doesn't make it in any catagory. They aren't my "favorate" per se, But they're close enough for me to hit on short notice. Bellearye is one of such. It's really not a bad resort. But it just doesn't stand out on any single catagory except location.

Last edited:

trackbiker

I'm putting Plattekill in the "Under 1100' catagory. 1) It's exactly 1100 according to its website so technically doesn't fit into the "over 1100" anyway. 2) It doesn't have a chance in the OVER 1100 group. ;)

In reality, Plattekill is way under 1100' of vertical so you're good there. I still love the place but the vertical issue is another thread. ; )

gmcunni

last bump ... 43 responses so far, 50 sounds like a good even number. if you know where you like to ski the survey takes 2 minutes (or less if you type fast). i'll try to gather data and publish results tomorrow at some point.

gmcunni

The unofficial, unsponsored results are in.

scoring was done:
1st place vote = 5 points
2nd place vote = 3 points
3rd place vote = 1 point.

i left the point total visible so, if interested, you could see how close things were (or weren't).
there was a total of 47 responses, not everyone answered every question.

az_poll_2.JPG

Last edited:

wa-loaf

I like that Mad River made the snowmaking and grooming lists. :lol:

Talisman

Results are very interesting to me as they correlate to my preferences but don't correlate well to ski magazine polls. I'm very curious about skiing Black Mtn and Berkshire East seeing their ratings.

Well done!