• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Walking Dead

gmcunni

Is it streaming online anywhere yet?

b, i have a low def slingbox at home, if you are really desperate i can give you the IP/password so you can watch the shows. not sure how good the quality will be tho.

next replay of the first episode is:
The Walking Dead - What Lies Ahead, AMC 45, Fri,Oct 21 10:00pm

bvibert

Staff member
b, i have a low def slingbox at home, if you are really desperate i can give you the IP/password so you can watch the shows. not sure how good the quality will be tho.

next replay of the first episode is:
The Walking Dead - What Lies Ahead, AMC 45, Fri,Oct 21 10:00pm

I might have to take you up on that!

frapcap

Spoiler.

I hope the lead character's boy is actually dead. I didn't see him in the previews during the ending credits, but that doesn't mean anything. Also, why didn't the dad or the stand in dad give the boy the gun to shoot his first buck instead of just letting him walk up to it. While that scene was playing out I was hoping out loud that the buck would gouge him.

Edd

Pretty good start to the season. The main character's southern accent was extra strong I felt. Kept distracting me.

Kerovick

Spoiler.

I hope the lead character's boy is actually dead. I didn't see him in the previews during the ending credits, but that doesn't mean anything. Also, why didn't the dad or the stand in dad give the boy the gun to shoot his first buck instead of just letting him walk up to it. While that scene was playing out I was hoping out loud that the buck would gouge him.

Zombies are attracted to loud noises

Boom = every walker in the area coming after them

frapcap

I knew that... (insert face palm)

Then again, someone else shot the buck. Sunday's episode should start off in an exciting fashion.

bvibert

Staff member
cool.. i found a utilitiy that records the slingbox stream to a windows media file so i am going to play with making a poor mans DVR.

That would be pretty sweet!

We watched the episode last night on AMC's website. The quality was at least as good as what we got watching last season on Netflix. Glad to have finally watched it so I could read this thread again... :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
Spoiler.

The previews that I saw showed a close up of the boy laying motionless with his eyes closed while the mother weeped by his side. It was a very short clip, I couldn't tell if he was dead or alive.

wa-loaf

The previews that I saw showed a close up of the boy laying motionless with his eyes closed while the mother weeped by his side. It was a very short clip, I couldn't tell if he was dead or alive.

I read the comic, want me to give away what comes next? :p

wa-loaf

I thought you said the story already diverged from the comic after a couple of episodes?

After watching the preview they're coming back in line. The whole CDC thing never happened in the graphic novel.

ctenidae

Okay, that was funny.

Watched the 1st half of the first episode this morning- seems pretty good so far