• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Walking Dead

Geoff

I think any Zombie programming without Milla Jovovich isn't worth watching. :)

Not really... Zombieland is still one of my favorite movies of the last few years.

BackLoafRiver

Burned through the first season in 2 sittings. Absolutely loved it and made me wish I had cable. Curious to see if season 2 lives up to season 1. A few friends who are into the graphic novel said it is better than the show.

bvibert

Staff member
Burned through the first season in 2 sittings. Absolutely loved it and made me wish I had cable. Curious to see if season 2 lives up to season 1. A few friends who are into the graphic novel said it is better than the show.

I could have easily burned through them in one or two sittings, but I'm trying to pace myself... It's making me wish that I had real cable too...

wa-loaf

The graphic novel takes a very different direction than the tv show, only about the first two episodes are in sync with the book. Both are good though.

ctenidae

We've been ripping all out CDs to a home server, and i ran across a blank DVD- at least, it had no label on it. Popped it in, and realized it's a ripped copy of Shaun of the Dead. Totally forgot I had it. Total win.

bvibert

Staff member
I could have easily burned through them in one or two sittings, but I'm trying to pace myself... It's making me wish that I had real cable too...

Watched episodes 5 and 6 last night. Now I'm itching to see what happens next...

Edd

I don't know the specifics but Frank Darabont, the main man behind the show, got booted out in between seasons. IIRC it had something to do with differences of opinion funding the program and how AMC favored Mad Men over The Walking Dead.

wa-loaf

I don't know the specifics but Frank Darabont, the main man behind the show, got booted out in between seasons. IIRC it had something to do with differences of opinion funding the program and how AMC favored Mad Men over The Walking Dead.

He walked out, but for pretty much the same reasons.

gmcunni

i hope that doesn't mean big difference in the program. i recall seeing a preview and thinking that it was inconsistent with the story from the first season..

wa-loaf

Is it streaming online anywhere yet?

AMC is not quick about getting stuff up for streaming. Since it's up against Boardwalk Empire I'm watching Walking Dead and will get BE on onDemand later this week.

gmcunni

AMC is not quick about getting stuff up for streaming. Since it's up against Boardwalk Empire I'm watching Walking Dead and will get BE on onDemand later this week.

have you tried the HBOGO option? i've found it very useful.

wa-loaf

i was a little disappointed with a few points in the show. but liked it overall.

One thing that bugged me is that we know the zombies are attracted to loud noises. So the redneck dude riding the Harley is about the dumbest thing ever. They'd have a trail of zombies after them a minute after starting that thing up.

gmcunni

One thing that bugged me is that we know the zombies are attracted to loud noises. So the redneck dude riding the Harley is about the dumbest thing ever. They'd have a trail of zombies after them a minute after starting that thing up.

yes, that ^^

possible spoiler alert below

plus - last year we learned that the zombies found live people from their smell... so the hiding under cars they did in the beginning of the show should not have worked.

AND - why would zombies be sitting quietly in church?

wa-loaf

plus - last year we learned that the zombies found live people from their smell... so the hiding under cars they did in the beginning of the show should not have worked.

AND - why would zombies be sitting quietly in church?

Yeah, the smell thing bothered me too. But the zombies seem to do two things when not feeding. If they are out in the open they just wander around looking for food, but if trapped or whatever they kind of settle down until someone comes along. So I don't think the church was that off. These people probably got bit and decided to go to church and then got stuck once they turned.