• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

Grassi21

The bartender at the local bar made me one of those a couple months ago..it went down in like 5 sips/gulps....now I want to drink beer...doh!!!

i have been hitting the long trail double bag hard the last few nights. need a break. blueberries and wood stacking until kickoff for this guy.

drjeff

Some hard core swill while tailgating today

602777878_2717d24e0d.jpg

Long story, don't ask, atleast it was cold :rolleyes:

ctenidae

My wife had a Dirty Ho this weekend- 3/4 Hoegarden White and 1/4 Framboise Lambic.
Aside from being awfully fruity, it was actually fairly tasty.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
ever have a black and blue? you guessed it, guinness and LT blackberry wheat. really tasty. normally i don't like fruity beers but the blackberry wheat and the harpoon raspberry ipa are quite good.

Wouldn't that be black and black?

Around here, a black and blue is Guiness under Wachusett Blueberry.

Err... other way round actually.. Blueberry on the bottom.

roark

Wouldn't that be black and black?

Around here, a black and blue is Guiness under Wachusett Blueberry.

Err... other way round actually.. Blueberry on the bottom.

Yup engineer boy, nitrogen vs co2.

WoodCore

Had a couple Blue Point Brewery, Blueberry Ales this weekend while enjoying the latest Warren Miller flick. Very tasty!!

rueler

Had a couple Blue Point Brewery, Blueberry Ales this weekend while enjoying the latest Warren Miller flick. Very tasty!!

Thanks for sharing those with us Woodcore!! They were really good!! It was good to see you before the snow flies...see you on the hill soon!

roark

I've heard as such from a good friend of mine who knows his beer. Seems that will be a pickup this week for me.
If you can still find it. The Leviathan series current release is now a baltic porter (which was pretty solid BTW).

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Sitting down @ Brew City in Wormtown w/ a Belgian- Piraat Tripel... excellent. Reminds me of Duvel. Citrus... bready, clean finish. Scary drinkable for 9% ABV.

ctenidae

Sitting down @ Brew City in Wormtown w/ a Belgian- Piraat Tripel... excellent. Reminds me of Duvel. Citrus... bready, clean finish. Scary drinkable for 9% ABV.

Bottle or tap? Love the bottle, had it on tap, and was dissapointed. Lost a lot of character, and just walloped with the alcohol.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Bottle or tap? Love the bottle, had it on tap, and was dissapointed. Lost a lot of character, and just walloped with the alcohol.

Tap... so maybe I should get a bottle and it'll be even better.

This was weird though, I actually thought it was better a little colder unlike most ales I drink. It had more spice coming through colder... I let it warm considerably over the course of the meal...

Paired GREAT with the artichoke/spinach pizza though.

ctenidae

Tap... so maybe I should get a bottle and it'll be even better.

This was weird though, I actually thought it was better a little colder unlike most ales I drink. It had more spice coming through colder... I let it warm considerably over the course of the meal...

Paired GREAT with the artichoke/spinach pizza though.

Get a bottle. Drink it cool, but not cold (55-60 or so). Gooood stuff.

Had another disappointing adventure with a Polish beer- Kujawiak. Like Black Boss and Havlicek, it tastes a bit like someone dropped a case of Riccolas into the wort.Of those three, Kujawiak was the best- once you got past the cough drops, it had some nice bock bones to it.

I'm beginning to wonder about the quality of the beers available from the Warsaw Deli in Stamford- 3 of 4 have been bad- the one good one (and it's a favorite) was Hevelius Kaper. Such a tasty brew. Never had a skunky beer taste so herbally, though, so I'm left to wonder.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Ya know, I wanna say I was tasting peak flavor around 50 degrees.... the restaurant was quite warm however, and probably didn't take long to get to room temperature.

Also... I highly recommend Brew City... they have a decent tap selection that always changes and a great bottle selection. They had some Trappists that I couldn't even find at Yankee Spirits.

roark

Enjoyed a DFH theobrama last night. Much mellower, more subtle that the usual DFH offerings.At first I was disappointed, but as I sipped it grew on me. At 9%, honey must make a significant portion of the fermentables to yield such a mellow bodied beer. Can't say I could pick out the cocoa. I thought I got a little chile in the finish, but that could just be the power of suggestion. Complex, but in a mellow way.

Still not worth the 10.99 though.

ctenidae

Enjoyed a DFH theobrama last night. Much mellower, more subtle that the usual DFH offerings.At first I was disappointed, but as I sipped it grew on me. At 9%, honey must make a significant portion of the fermentables to yield such a mellow bodied beer. Can't say I could pick out the cocoa. I thought I got a little chile in the finish, but that could just be the power of suggestion. Complex, but in a mellow way.

Still not worth the 10.99 though.

I'd say the real value there is in encouraging them to keep doing crazy things like that.