• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Drinking LT Double Bag right now. Low on beer; it is sort of like an experiment in random beers in the fridge right now. It was either this, Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout, Guinness, Woodstock Station's Pig's Ear, or a skunky organic brew I keep forgetting to dump. I need to get to the packy.

twinplanx

Drinking LT Double Bag right now. Low on beer; it is sort of like an experiment in random beers in the fridge right now. It was either this, Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout, Guinness, Woodstock Station's Pig's Ear, or a skunky organic brew I keep forgetting to dump. I need to get to the packy.

wait a second, thats quite a collection you got in the fridge. Whataya mean "low on beer" lady??

Don't know if its been mentioned but my new fave beer is Blue Point Toasted Lager(think global/drink local). Right now I'm enjoying a 24oz. Steel Reserve. (and sumtimes you just gota slum it):beer::beer:

Geoff

I need to get to the packy.

You can tell you're from New England when....

That's what I called the liquor store as a kid. Now that I can buy beer in the grocery store in most of the New England states, the term has kind of vanished in most places.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Harpoon Leviathan IPA or Flying Dog Double IPA? Choices choices.

Flying Dog tonight. Still got bottles left over from Christmas that I gotta use up. Glad to have the Harpoon back in my fridge as an option though.

drjeff

Harpoon Leviathan IPA or Flying Dog Double IPA? Choices choices.

Flying Dog tonight. Still got bottles left over from Christmas that I gotta use up. Glad to have the Harpoon back in my fridge as an option though.

Riv, that sounds a bit like comparing a top of the line Mercedes and a top of the line BMW - you can't go wrong either way!

Had my 1st Harpoon Summer Ale of the year tonight after playing golf. Both the Harpoon and the Golf most definately not bad things today!

Grassi21

Harpoon Leviathan... 11.75% alcohol content. They only sell them in 4 pack. Its a Belgian style ale. Pretty tasty and you only need 2-3.

roark

Local store now stocks some DFHs, I restocked with some 90 min and Palo Santo Marron. Also picked up a 6 of the FD snake dog (no double dog available). I haven't had any of the FD products since it was a CO brewery, looking forward to enjoying a couple while watching game 7 tonight!

drjeff

samuel-adams-imperial-white.png

Pretty good offering IMHO. 1st impression on the taste buds is a cross between their venerable spring and summer offerings, White Ale and Summer Ale, then the finish takes the smooth wheat + summer lemon zest/light spiceiness(?sp) to another level! Going to become a summer evening regular for me I'm guessing - a bit too much for the heat of the day I need some serious cold beer volume drinking of summer, but a great summer evening sitting on the deck/porch with friends beer! :beer:

drjeff

Anyone try Magic Hat's summer offering, Wacko yet? It is purple due to the use of beet juice. Close your eyes or keep it in the bottle and it is great!

Yup, sampled a few of them a couple weeks ago. Personally I was more intrigued by the color of the brew than what it was doing for my taste buds

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Grabbed a Harpoon Summer Pack last week since it had two Harpoons I had yet to try including the Crystal Wheat and Summer Ale. Both are total swill. At least we got three IPAs and UFOs out of the deal. The other four bottles remaining are being poured down the drain.

drjeff

Grabbed a Harpoon Summer Pack last week since it had two Harpoons I had yet to try including the Crystal Wheat and Summer Ale. Both are total swill. At least we got three IPAs and UFOs out of the deal. The other four bottles remaining are being poured down the drain.

I tend to hold onto those non drinkable sampler pack varieties and use them as a moisture source for when I roasting or smoking some large cut of meat