• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
The Dinner is very good. Maine Brewing Co., makes a very good beer.

I recently had two very tasty doubles. Finchs's Beer Co., Chimera, Imperial IPA. It is very, very good. Hoppy sweet without being over the top especially considering it is a 9%'er in a tallboy! Out of Chicago.

And then out of Kansas City, was a Boulevard Brewery, The Calling IPA. This is really tasty. 8.5% of hoppy goodness.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/finchs-hardcore-chimera/277702/

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/boulevard-smokestack-series--the-calling-ipa/315817/

Farleyman

Pliny the elder if your ever on the west coast, it's awesome. Along with all other Russian river brewing beers

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

HD333

I've heard great things about that beer. Haven't had the opportunity to taste it yet.

It is good. I still prefer the VT big boys over it. I traded some Heady for Pliney with a guy on the west coast A while back, I think I over hyped it in my head so it was a little bit of a let down.

Looking forward to trying some Otter Creek Backseat Berner, it is their new IPA, I hear good things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuckstah

I had some OC Backseat Berner last weekend in VT. It was real good, but there are lots better. It will be available year round with widespread distro which will put it in the rotation.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Last trip to Vermont I grabbed a couple of 22oz Foley Bothers beer out of Brandon. Native IPA I had tonight was excellent. Looking forward to trying the Citrennial tomorrow

moresnow

Had anybody tried DC Brau Corruption? Great IPA.

This thread has become a serious IPA love fest.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm enjoying a Sierra Nevada Torpedo in a can. I've had in a bottle before, but never a can. For readily available beer, Torpedo has been a go to for me before. I put in on par with Lagunitas.

Anyone have any recs for beers to try in Chicago? I'm here through tomorrow night and haven't done any research. Only grabbed the Sierra as it was the best option in the store next to my hotel prior to checking in.

HD333

Had some Hill Farmstead Edward, Citra, and Cascade last night at Armsby Abbey in Worcester.

Great beers. Great place to eat too.

drjeff

Had some Hill Farmstead Edward, Citra, and Cascade last night at Armsby Abbey in Worcester.

Great beers. Great place to eat too.

Love the Abbey! Arguably (or maybe no arguement needed ;-) ) the best thing about Worcester!! :LOL: :beer:

deadheadskier

Staff member
What were they charging a pint?

Really surprised to hear about this. I know a few bar owners in VT that are upset with Hill because they won't sell to them due to low availability. Maybe the guys at Abby are friends. It's not like Hill needs to do any distance marketing. The lines are huge every day they open for retail.

HD333

What were they charging a pint?

Really surprised to hear about this. I know a few bar owners in VT that are upset with Hill because they won't sell to them due to low availability. Maybe the guys at Abby are friends. It's not like Hill needs to do any distance marketing. The lines are huge every day they open for retail.

I think it was $7 a pint/chalice. They used HF glassware too. Abbey tends to get great hard to get beers, Trillium, Treehouse to name a few.