• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

deadheadskier

Staff member
Had the Alchemist beers for the first time this week (Crusher, Focal Banger, Heady Topper). All tasted rancid to me. They were selling 24 packs at the brewery in Stowe (8 of each) for $80.70. Anyone who pays that much for that crap is nuts.

Because you don't like their beer, others shouldn't too?

Great perspective

HD333

Had the Alchemist beers for the first time this week (Crusher, Focal Banger, Heady Topper). All tasted rancid to me. They were selling 24 packs at the brewery in Stowe (8 of each) for $80.70. Anyone who pays that much for that crap is nuts.

$80 for a case of exceptional high quality well crafted beer is the going rate. Trillium/Treehouse is more than that (not that you can get a full case at Treehouse).

Stick to $12.99 Sierra Nevada 12 packs ( not that there is anything wrong with that) if that price point bothers you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadheadskier

Staff member
I paid $99 for a case of Foundation this spring. It's a lot, but if you're only enjoying 2-3 at a time, it's not that big of a deal to splurge occasionally.

deadheadskier

Staff member
You tell me. You're the one who is being critical of the kinds of beer others enjoy and how much they spend for it. I've had plenty of mediocre $100+ bottles of wine, but if someone else enjoys it and doesn't mind spending that kind of money, good for them.

steamboat1

$80 for a case of exceptional high quality well crafted beer is the going rate. Trillium/Treehouse is more than that (not that you can get a full case at Treehouse).

Stick to $12.99 Sierra Nevada 12 packs ( not that there is anything wrong with that) if that price point bothers you.
That's expensive chit. No thanks.

steamboat1

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10269850.jpg
    10269850.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 68

Tin

Just had some stuff called "Treehouse", had to wash it down with a Twisted Tea. Still didn't work so a green apple Smirnoff Ice had to be brought in for reinforcement.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Finally got around to trying Nightshift Whirlpool. Interesting beer. Very light, but super flavorful at the same time. Craft Beer Cellar in Amesbury, MA. Gets Nightshift on Thursdays. Good value at $13.50 a four pack.

Attachments

• 1473376177275.jpg
    1473376177275.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 46

WoodCore

Finally got around to trying Nightshift Whirlpool. Interesting beer. Very light, but super flavorful at the same time. Craft Beer Cellar in Amesbury, MA. Gets Nightshift on Thursdays. Good value at $13.50 a four pack.

Love all the Nightshift offerings but have to say that Whirlpool is my #1 favorite beer from all breweries at the moment . It's so god damn drinkable it's scary.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Today's beer selection is Nightshift One Hop this Time IPA. Rotating series only using one hop varietal. In this case Vics Secret from Australia, which I just read used to be called Victoria's Secret after the Australian State, until the lingerie company got their panties in a bunch and requested the name be changed. Lol. Very piney compared to big citrus. Really nice

Attachments

• 1473454246485.jpg
    1473454246485.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 45

prsboogie

Total crusher!! Love the OHTT:Galaxy you really need to hit up the brewery in Everett. Just read they opened a function area/overflow for the taproom

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

Sticking with the recent Night Shift theme.... Trifecta - their Belgian style pale ale with vanilla beans - I fully get the Belgian style spiciness, it's a style I enjoy and get in an appropriate, but not overpowering way in this beer, but I'm missing the vanilla notes in this one.

DON'T get me wrong, if you like Belgian style ales, this is GOOD, but don't expect much vanilla...

Go Jimmy G and the Pats!!

Attachments

• 1473650475329.jpg
    1473650475329.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 44

bdfreetuna

Coronado 20th anniversary Imperial IPA

Grabbed a single out of the singles bin. 10%. Drinking it out of the bottle so no idea regarding head/color. Nice balance with the hops and malt. Hits with lots of carbonation then the hop > malt transition happens fast and there's enough carbonation it finishes pretty clean, much faster than most Doubles. Does not taste like 10% which could be a good thing or a bad thing depending how you approach it.

The bottle does not say what kind of hops but I'm not getting a lot of simcoe flavor and it seems to lean more towards mosaic to me. Not detecting a whole lot of other fancy flavors just tastes like a great beer.

Much easier to drink / more refreshing than something like a Dogfishhead 120 Minute. Would buy again.

coronado.jpg

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Stoneface Blip. Pretty crushable. I prefer the flagship IPA, but this is a good session beer for a hot day. That said it's a little pricey for what it is. $5.50 for a 20 oz bottle

Attachments

• 1474150208649.jpg
    1474150208649.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 27