Random Beers - Page 153

AlpineZone

Page 153 of 184 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1831

Thread: Random Beers

New Belgium Brewing is launching in NY May 16th, CT in June, then RI. Presumably will continue northeast form there.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    New Belgium Brewing is launching in NY May 16th, CT in June, then RI. Presumably will continue northeast form there.
    This is good news, NB was one of my gateway beers into craft back in the day, it would have been great news INHO 6-7 years ago. I am afraid now they will have an early spike in sales then become "shelf turds".

They seem to be entering a somewhat over saturated market, while their beers are good and the newness will boost short term sales I think the novelty will wear off after awhile. I see people these days seem to be more into drinking local fresh beers. I can't recall the last time I bought a beer that was made outside of New England, other than Guinness or Corona Light.
    I Love Apres'

I remember visiting my brother in Colorado in the mid 90s and thinking Fat Tire was fantastic.

I forget where, but I revisited it in recent years and found it pretty disappointing.

I'm with you HD, typically only buy something local. When Ballast Point first became available in New England, I drank a lot of it. Now it's usually only when I don't see something local I feel like buying. Same goes for Stone.

Combination of freshness and wanting to support local businesses sway my purchasing decisions heavily.

Post ride beers at Maine Beer Company on Sunday.

Several new things there including:

Beer I, Beer II, Beer IV (didn't see a III) - All three were IPA's with the II being a session at 4.7% All three were delicious. You could get I II in bottles to go but none of the others.

Lawson's opening a brewery and tasting room in Waitsfield!

http://www.valleyreporter.com/storie...-in-waitsfield

Our little brewery in town joined some pretty good company in a Bloomberg article on IPAs.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-beyond-bitter

Enjoying Tillage by Deciduous Brewing Company. A really solid IPA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not a Bud guy... Baxter IPA is my go to. But amazed with this whole micro brew boom what people are willing to pay for a beer. Maine Beer for example, had some of theirs, and while good, $5 to $10 for a bottle of beer??? Money is an issue, but even if it wasn't I would simply never pay that. Will stick with Baxter, Gearys, Sebago, Victory, Sierra, etc. for under $10 a six pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverskier View Post
    Not a Bud guy... Baxter IPA is my go to. But amazed with this whole micro brew boom what people are willing to pay for a beer. Maine Beer for example, had some of theirs, and while good, $5 to $10 for a bottle of beer??? Money is an issue, but even if it wasn't I would simply never pay that. Will stick with Baxter, Gearys, Sebago, Victory, Sierra, etc. for under $10 a six pack.
    heh, you have no idea what some of the rare beers go for!

Burlington Beer Co's Strange Apparitions - a rich, velvety smooth texture imperial stout with a great balance of dark chocolate, coffee and mild vanilla undertones - another great brew from Burlington Beer Co!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

http://alchemistbeer.com/blog/#8031

Some pretty awesome news in here on the new Alchemist Brewery. Being able to buy two cases is huge. Also the pricing is fantastic. $12.50 a 4 pack or $75 for the case. I hope these prices force some of the competition to come down in price some. When I see other breweries charging $17-18 a four pack it really feels like gouging.

Look forward to being up in Stowe for antique car show weekend this summer and the process of stocking up being much easier!

Thread Information