• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

roark

Metro Boston prices suck. There is a Yard House next to Fenway thats really good, food and drink selection.
agreed. not a big chain restaurant fan, but do like that the yard house typically has a couple interesting options mixed in with the 50+ standards.

chuckstah

Just had a Sebago Brewing Whistle Punk double IPA that I picked up in Maine yesterday. Very good with a taste similar to Second Fiddle at a much better price point.

deadheadskier

Staff member
A very good friend of mine in Portland who is a big time beer geek LOVES Whistle Punk. I've yet to try it.

What was the price point? Second Fiddle is pretty reasonable at $13 a four pack from the brewery. By comparison, Swish from Bissell Brothers in Maine is $17.

chuckstah

A very good friend of mine in Portland who is a big time beer geek LOVES Whistle Punk. I've yet to try it.

What was the price point? Second Fiddle is pretty reasonable at $13 a four pack from the brewery. By comparison, Swish from Bissell Brothers in Maine is $17.

It was $9.99 at the Good Food store near Sunday River for a 16 oz 4 pack. Pretty fresh, canned on 12/10.
I've always paid around $15-16 for Second Fiddle in central VT, never been to the brewery.

Last edited:

jrmagic

At local late night open kitchen place... Candlelight Inn for those local that know it and drinking Greenpoint Beer works Kelso Imperial IPA on tap. Incredibly drinkable for a 10% ABV brew. I could get annihilated on these if I wasn't careful lol.

xwhaler

Smuttynose Rocky Road stout from their big bottle series. Really smooth and creamy. Quite good!

Attachments

• 1452471851552.jpg
    1452471851552.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 73

deadheadskier

Staff member
Rising Tide Cutter Imperial tonight.

Pretty good, not fantastic. A bit too malty, kind of like Boom Sauce, but I like this one better.

Tin

Yup. If given the choice of all those beers in my fridge and a Hannaford down the street, I would take the Hannaford. The Stop and Shop on the East Side is crazy expensive.

That said, awesome collection.

HD333

Best so far was the Trillium DDH Scaled. Better than Heady. Alter Ego close second.
Buddy brought the Lost Nation and we have not gotten into it yet. Tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roark

Best so far was the Trillium DDH Scaled. Better than Heady. Alter Ego close second.

still pissed I flew out the day the DDH scaled was released. Thought about trying to score some, but any line would have meant missing my flight...

deadheadskier

Staff member

I made a stop into Lost Nation last visit to that party of VT. Got some Mosaic and Lost Galaxy. Both pretty good, but not outstanding IMO. I prefer the hop profile of the LG.

I wish I was into Gose. That's apparently very good from them for the style. Our brewery in town (Deciduous) is well regarded for that style as well. I just can't get into the salty beers.

HD333

I made a stop into Lost Nation last visit to that party of VT. Got some Mosaic and Lost Galaxy. Both pretty good, but not outstanding IMO. I prefer the hop profile of the LG.

I wish I was into Gose. That's apparently very good from them for the style. Our brewery in town (Deciduous) is well regarded for that style as well. I just can't get into the salty beers.

Yeah the Gose was tough to muscle down. Seemed overly carbonated to me.