• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

drjeff

Just an FYI to all beer geeks on here.... Treehouse's new facility in Charlton opens TODAY at noon!! Let the traffic at the top of 84 and along the Mass Pike in that area get even worse than it usually is from now on! :)

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

Nice work Jeff!

I just found out that Long Trail brought back Blackberry Wheat. Had a few this weekend. Whoooo!

drjeff

c8d39c8157c2fedea148f07fb07d0094.jpg

The fine folks at Upper Pass up by Stowe have it going on in the New England style juicy IPA/DIPA world! This Cloud Drop can hold its own with ANY VT NEIPA to my taste buds!

ctenidae

I'm commuting into NYC these days, and I have to say, The Beer Table in GCT is a wonderful, terrible, marvelous, dangerous thing. So many beers to try, so many hour-long train rides in which to try them...

drjeff

Treehouse Curiosity 41 on tap at the brewery this afternoon. No complaints from me! Classic Treehouse juicy profile with a touch more tart citrus notes at the finish.

Love the new Charlton facility, especially on a mellow Wednesday afternoon where they're actually doing pours!
ce75481acb11b7bc4aa119db246c9c67.jpg

WWF-VT

First day of skiing for the season deserves a Frost Beer Works LUSH Double IPA

lush-500x500-crop.jpeg

"A double IPA with luxuriant aromatics and succulent favors. The combination of hops from both hemispheres and our ale yeast complement each other to create rich, juicy character."

From Hinesburg, VT and easily in the same zone as Heady Topper and Sip of Sunshine.

HD333

First day of skiing for the season deserves a Frost Beer Works LUSH Double IPA

lush-500x500-crop.jpeg

"A double IPA with luxuriant aromatics and succulent favors. The combination of hops from both hemispheres and our ale yeast complement each other to create rich, juicy character."

From Hinesburg, VT and easily in the same zone as Heady Topper and Sip of Sunshine.

I put Lush above both Heady and SOS. Much juicer in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drjeff

If one sees Frost's SHUSH IPA, trust me, just buy it!! You can thank me later!! [emoji39][emoji39]

Frost is brewing some really good stuff!! Not bad at all for a readily found at most gas stations in VT beer!! [emoji16][emoji16]

drjeff

Haven't cracked one open yet to try (a drinking report will follow later this evening!!), but just the sight of the artwork on the can of Treehouse's latest Curiosity series release, Curiosity 44, today, had me making the drive after work to Charlton today to grab my allotment!!
c54203547288e98d41f3be0891bf6f22.jpg

drjeff

Curiosity 44 - tasting report... Classic juicy, soft mouth feel base with a distinct, tart grapefruit finish and a touch of piney notes to my palate.

Wouldn't mind at all if this Curiosity series earns it's own name and a place in the regular Treehouse rotation!

Glenn

I'm on a bit of a Sam Adams kick lately: Cold Snap and Sam 76. Good stuff. Love the owl wearing ski goggles on the Cold Snap.

bdfreetuna

Drinking Goose Island 16oz IPAs lately... the wife says I need to reduce my beer budget

$6.55 for a 4 pack of 16oz can't really argue with that.

drjeff

Now enjoying Upper Pass H2H#3, yummy.

322420.jpg

#1 and #2 of H2TH were quite tasty! Looking get pick up some of batch #3 this coming weekend! I wasn't quite as impressed with their Waimea Waves offering they dropped last week. I was expecting juicier like in the H2TH or Cloud Drop style, and to me it tasted more resiny, in the Heady style... (Not that tasting like Heady is a bad thing by any means!! :beer: )