• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Time stamps off?

Puck it

Azores. Isn't that the antithesis of ski resorts?

It would be better to host it in the northeast, so if a blizzard wipes it out, we all will perish and never know...

That is where Pico is!!

[SIZE=+3]Pico[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] 7713 ft (2351 m)[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1].[/SIZE] Location: Island of Pico, Azores, North Atlantic
(territory of Portugal)Lat / Long: 38.5° N, 28.4° WVolcanic Type: StratovolcanoVolcanic Status: Active, fumarolic, last eruption 1720First Ascent: First Ski Descent: Skiable Vertical: perhaps 3000 ft (1000 m)

The spectacular cone of Pico towers above the island of the same name in the Azores, a group of nine volcanic islands which rise out of the Atlantic Ocean straddling the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Pico is by far the most famous landmark in the Azores, more than twice the height of any of the dozens of volcanic cones and calderas which dot the islands. A main road crosses the north slope of Pico near 2800 ft (850 m) and a well-marked trail leads up the west side of the peak starting from a trailhead at 4150 ft (1265 m), so this would probably provide the best access for any possible skiing. Pico can get snow down to about 4000 ft (1200 m) during the winter, although I'm not sure if the snowpack gets deep enough to ski except in the best of years.

gmcunni

switching back to "normal" zone settings is the fix.. and the 5 minute off thing is gone now too.

Puck it

They don't have any good mountains and the weather is inhospitable to skiing. :evil: I'd much rather switch over to K2 time.:spin:

Check the post above from me. 3000ft vertical at Pico. Season is a little short though. I bet they seed the bumps too!!!!!:snow:

gmcunni

friggin' time stamps being wrong made it very hard to follow the fun tonight. it is important to see which insult comes first so the rest make sense.