• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NHL Playoffs

NYDrew

Haven't been watching in a few days. As an Islander fan, I watched the first round to ensure the rangers loose. So I just checked that stats, anyone find it funny that in the easter conference the top 4 teams move on and in the western conference the bottom 4 teams advanced.

skibum1321

My only interest is rooting against the Sabres. My friend is a huge Buffalo fan and he blew off Tucks to watch the game - therefore they must lose.

wintersyndrome

NH Playoffs

Watched some of the devils game the other night, didnt see them collapse in the last 20 seconds tough...the best game Ive seen so far was Edmonton V. Detroit Game 6 the last twenty minutes has to be some of the best hockey I've seen all year...was looking for a battle of Alberta though would have been nice to see the flames and oilers beat the hell out of each other--plus the fans up there are nuckin futz

NYDrew

Best games ive EVER seen:

At nassau coloseum: Game 6 1993 playoffs (i think) Islanders defeat Capitols in cinderella story victory.
On TV: Game 7 1993 playoffs. Islanders defeat Barasso and the Penguins in need I say anymore then "One timer from the slot...Volek shoots...HE SCORES!!!! Islanders defeat the number 1 seeded Pittsburgh Penguins to advance to the semi finals." Greatest moment in hockey history that I was alive for.

The entire SC finals of the 94 playoffs, 7 awesome games. Unfortunately, thanks the the ref, Kerry, the rangers won. Thankfully that victory has since been discredited by Bettmann who permanantly suspended Kerry from ever officiating a game again, specifically cited for reasons of favoritism displayed during the 1994 playoffs toward the rangers. Therefore, while the Rangers were permitted to retain the title (never brought into question) I can still chant 1940!!! Sweep what 2006!!!!

jjmcgo

I don't know, BOBR

Do you think the kids are old enough for that kind of subject matter?

Vortex

We have family that has season tickets in Carolina. I use to watch the whalers play a bit in college. Hockey is something my kids are familliar with. They don't care much though.

I watched part of the 1st two periods last night then crashed. Looks liked I missed all the fun.