• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nashoba Valley - Thursday, January 22, 2004

Joshua B

January 22, 2004
Nashoba Valley, Westford, MA
Races Races Races

I wasted my time tonight. Let me ask you a question. Why is it that no ski area reports that racers will be overtaking the hill on a given day or night? No mention that half of the main slopes would have multiple race courses set up.

The parking lot was full. Hard to find a spot. I parked and booted up in the dark auxilury lot. Lines ranged from a one chair wait to a 25 person wait with the majority of kids riding up alone. While in line I was cut by an employee. From the chair I saw a race coach lead his kids dangerously close and fast right by a beginner group lesson. The liftie on one of the chairs refused to do his job and pull the chair back while people were loading. I couldn't even enjoy the Nashoba Trail due to slow paced snowboarders.

Nashoba is doing well so God bless them.

Next time I ski Nashoba will be late season or early season next fall.

An experience like this reminds me why I love a place like Berkshire East.

I wanted to get out there again since I've been a shut in during this cold spell. I just wish it had been a better experience for me. I see Crotched in my future after work.

skijay

How far are you from Crotched? It looks like it would be a fun place to night ski. I wish I was closer than 2 1/4 hours (daytime driving).

I have to try Berkshire East this season.