• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ny jets

deadheadskier

Staff member
Pats played awful. Aaron Hernandez being off the field most of the game was a huge problem. Not sure what his injury is.

Biggest error of the game was the Pats killing the clock in the 4th. They ran the damn thing down for the Jets. I was screaming at the TV to hurry up in the 4th quarter while the Pats dicked around and took 8 minutes off the clock for zero points.

The four teams remaining are teams I all absolutely hate. Lost to the Bears and Packers in Superbowls in my lifetime, the Steelers and Jets hatred goes without say.

Oddly, as much as I hated the trash talking bullshit the Jets spewed through out there all week, I am rooting for them. My old longtime housemate in Stowe, VT is a Jets fan. I'd love to see him experience a championship as he was 3 when Namath won the last one.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Biggest error of the game was the Pats killing the clock in the 4th.

I think Belichick got out-coached in a number of areas:

1. The fake-punt muffled by Chung was very un-Patriot-like. Why try and be a team you are not? Just punt it away and stuff them deep like always.

2. The first onside kick. Your defense just stuffed them for 3-and-out. Kick it deep and let them do it again.

3. Going for it on 4th and 13. Sure the distance is questionable for a field goal but better odds of making it and only being down 7 points.

4. Burning a timeout for an injury. For Wilfork maybe. Anyone else - take your chances.

And I totally disagreed with Phil Simms when he said all of Brady's options were covered so he had to try and force things in the middle of the field. He also said Brady threw more balls away in that game than he probably did all season. This was telling of how flustered he was. On that drive where they went for it on 4th and 13, the play before Welker was open near the sidelines for short gain, and he had someone else open underneath for a bit. It looked like he was hoping for 10+ yard gains, ignored the short yardage option, and settled for an incomplete pass on more than one occasion. WTF! Last I checked a 2 yard gain is better than a ball thrown away.

Just a poor performance all over the field and on the sidelines. Wilfork and Crumpler were the only ones who appeared ready to play.

drjeff

Glad to hear that the Pats looked just as sh$tty on TV as they did in person at Gillette :(

To my eyes, it looked almost like from the opening kick-off that the Pats wanted to play reactionary football and base their offensive/defensive schemes on what the Jets wanted to do, rather than a more aggressive game plan and trying to dictate to the Jets what they wanted to do. Barely getting any pressure on Sanchez and/or the Jet back field really made it clear as to what the pats need to do with some of the myriad of draft picks they have this spring.

Pretty much the same team that last showed up a few months ago against the Browns showed up today - not a good day to bring from top to bottom what I'd call at best your "C" team/game

Last edited:

bigbog

Look forward to watching the game with the Steelers.
Think you're right drjeff...Brady/offensive-coordinator didn't seem to be very flexible to try a few different things like a flee-flicker or old-fashioned screen...etc. Looked like the Jet defense was just too much today.... $.01

dmc

NE didn't play badly - they were just outplayed...

It happens... apparently... :)

Mapnut

I would love nothing more than to see LT retire without a championship ring.

Geez, what a party pooper!

So many unsung heroes for the Jets. Eric Smith, Mr Good Hands and Mr. Good Tackles. Jericho Cochery, several key catches (nothing new about that) and good returns. Of course the whole offensive line (was Sanchez even sacked once?) and defensive secondary. But on the flashy side, I have to say that was an unreal catch by Holmes.

2knees

Jets- Steelers..Let the 2knees trash talking begin!!!

i think ryan will take care of that for us. we'll see what happens but pissing off harrison, woodley and those guys might not be the best course of action.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Geez, what a party pooper!

Sorry, but I don't like him, and it all stems from his whiny rant on the Patriots doing the "Lights Out" dance on the Chargers logo after that AFC win a few years ago. Sorry, you can't have a signature sack dance and not expect someone to use it against you when you get smacked in the mouth in your own stadium.

By comparison, each and every one of those Jets deserved to fly like an airplane, do back flips, etc. last night and every Patriot needs to shut their mouth and take it. If you choose not to be humble in victory then you need to keep your mouth shut in defeat while the other side celebrates and dances on your grave. Just my opinion though.

Edited to add: I would love to see Eric Smith as a Patriot. He was a big for the Jets as Alge Crumpler was for the Pats. I just wish the rest of the roster showed up to play...

dmc

i think ryan will take care of that for us. we'll see what happens but pissing off harrison, woodley and those guys might not be the best course of action.

F it... Write the check... Cash it.... it's that simple... :)

4aprice

This thread is so much fun to read as a long time(suffering) Jets fan. From the relief of winning the Houston game to the pits after the Monday Night massacar, to the Dolphin fiasco, the come back in Pittsburgh, to finally beating Payton and Brady. It's been a wild ride. J E T S - Jets, Jets Jets Hopefully 2 more hills to climb.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Geoff

I've been kind-a busy and/or not near the internet. Just wanted to say:

The Jets outplayed the Patriots and won fair & square.

I have no issue with Jets fans. Anybody who roots for a team that finds so many ways of snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory deserves their glory time. Very much like a pre-2004 Red Sox fan or a pre-2001 Patriots fan.

The Patriots have two #1's, two #2's, and two #3's and Carolina's #2 is the #33 pick in the draft. See you next year after the Patriots reload with younger, faster & more athletic players.

drjeff

The Patriots have two #1's, two #2's, and two #3's and Carolina's #2 is the #33 pick in the draft. See you next year after the Patriots reload with younger, faster & more athletic players.

Please, please let them use some of these for either a direct draft pick up or via trading for someone who can actually generate a pass rush more than a handfull of times per game. The corners/safeties are decent and quick, most of the linebackers are solid. The D-line as long as Wilfork is healthy is solid. But what they're really lacking IMHO is that impact pass rusher, the kind of player who makes an opposing d-coordinator think about keeping a running back and/or tight end "at home" for defensive purposes more than once or twice a game

SkiDork

Please, please let them use some of these for either a direct draft pick up or via trading for someone who can actually generate a pass rush more than a handfull of times per game. The corners/safeties are decent and quick, most of the linebackers are solid. The D-line as long as Wilfork is healthy is solid. But what they're really lacking IMHO is that impact pass rusher, the kind of player who makes an opposing d-coordinator think about keeping a running back and/or tight end "at home" for defensive purposes more than once or twice a game

Jets have the same need BTW

Geoff

The Pats really need several pass rushing threats. You can always double up on one stud DE. You need 2 so blitzes are effective. They also need a game changer WR/kick Returner. That gets you 10 yards better field position on most drives.

ERJ-145CA

It was like two different games, the first and second halves I mean. I wish the Jets played in the first half like they did in the second, minus some of the questionable play calling near the end. Hopefully next year.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
That being said - I'm rooting for the Steelers next week. I would love nothing more than to see LT retire without a championship ring.

"Tomlinson stopped short!" No better words were ever spoken during a game of football. When it came time for the little man to take the team on his shoulders and get them back into the game he couldn't get it done. Game over LT, wait 'til next year!

That being said: The Patriots vs. Jets "class" discussion can end tonight. Rex Ryan looked like a 4 year old throwing his headset to the ground. Check that... I have a 4 year old who doesn't even throw that big of a tantrum. Show a bit of restraint and lose with dignity. Speaks volumes about the organization as a whole.

ERJ-145CA

"Tomlinson stopped short!" No better words were ever spoken during a game of football. When it came time for the little man to take the team on his shoulders and get them back into the game he couldn't get it done. Game over LT, wait 'til next year!

That being said: The Patriots vs. Jets "class" discussion can end tonight. Rex Ryan looked like a 4 year old throwing his headset to the ground. Check that... I have a 4 year old who doesn't even throw that big of a tantrum. Show a bit of restraint and lose with dignity. Speaks volumes about the organization as a whole.

Like Belichick never pouted or stormed off the field, cmon.