• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The West

4aprice

Anyone following how the west is getting smoked this week? I know it's a bummer sitting here near 70 while they are getting dumped on but its impressive. Chaos for travellers this weekend. Looks like great skiing for anyone that can make it out there.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

drjeff

Have some faith though. As what usually happens in the typical US winter weather pattern is that big trough out West that is keeping them cold and stormy and keeping us warm, WILL breakdown and eventually shift East, thus bringing the "good" stuff to us and giving the West an extended run of warm, sunny days

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Anyone following how the west is getting smoked this week? I know it's a bummer sitting here near 70 while they are getting dumped on but its impressive. Chaos for travellers this weekend. Looks like great skiing for anyone that can make it out there.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

It kills me. We were supposed to be in Copper this week, but my sons race camp fell thru! My wife said though if we were out there, it would not be snowing. Hunter would be open instead! Arrgghhh!!!

drjeff

It kills me. We were supposed to be in Copper this week, but my sons race camp fell thru! My wife said though if we were out there, it would not be snowing. Hunter would be open instead! Arrgghhh!!!

I am all to familar with that same dreaded curse. I go West and the snow comes East. I stay in the East and the snow stays in the West :smash: :smash: :rolleyes: :lol:

Glenn

I am all to familar with that same dreaded curse. I go West and the snow comes East. I stay in the East and the snow stays in the West :smash: :smash: :rolleyes: :lol:

Jeff was really helpful last year at the end of February. I had to take time off of work to head up and make sure our VT place was OK after all the snow that fell. Thanks Jeff! :lol:

snoseek

I keep telling myself it will come.
Nearing 100 inches already for the season at my choice resort-without me.

it will come
it will come
it will come.......