• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Name this puppy

Pick a name

• Egan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alpine

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Tucker

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Rossi

• P-Tex

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Bode

• Traverse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carver

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
ckofer said:
Whatthehell I'll post the dog we picked up from a shelter today. Rescued from Tennessee, we named her Gracie:

graceybw.jpg

Wow, what a sweetheart! Perfect name too.

Labs are awesome dogs...I had a Husky out in Wyoming named Tucker and everyone thought he was named after Forrest Tucker of F-Troop
fame. What a bunch of ying-yangs..:wink:

Sky

I didn't see my fav..."Ranger" so I went with Rossi. Diamond is cool. Traverse was cool if it were Travis...shortened to Trav (meh).

Tucker...had a bad experience with an overgrown Dalmation named Tucker...not-so-smart owner....less-smart dog. nuf said.

I also liked P-Tex. Certainly a name you you holler and anticipate the dog to respond to....which is really what I'd think you'd want.

Best of luck!

Greg

Staff member
Personally I liked Sluice, Boomauger or Jericho the best, but I went with "Diamond".

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Went with Rossi.

My second choice would be "Poma" just because out of context it kinda sounds like "puma" and pumas are bad ass too.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Sky521 said:
So what's the darned dog's name?!!
Well according to the poll it should be Rossi but I have decided to wait for the next litter of pups. This gives me more time to figure out a name and also get a chance for a better pup. I might put up a new poll with some names my wife really likes but they are mostly names from out west like Teton. Thanks for all the help people. If anybody comes up with others please post them.

Last edited:

ctenidae

You should name it "Stay", just for the fun of training it.

I spilled spot remover on my dog, and now I can't find him...

ALLSKIING

Staff member
ski_resort_observer said:
What or where is a Teaton? If you mean Teton you might want to know that it means "breast".
Back in the day when Davey Jackson came over the pass and saw the "trois teton" , it had been awhile since he had the company of a female of similar persuassion. :lol:
:oops:

Dr Skimeister

I would have thunk the name for a Black Lab would be Diamond

Good Luck with him. I've been a Lab guy for years.