• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Made it to the summit 11/28.

vettechjamie

made it to the summit yea! 11/28 lions head trail update
I wade it to the summit at 12:40 on 11/28 the climb was exhausting lol if you've never climbed it. Over all the trail (lions head) was in pretty good shape some small sections of ice (crampons or microspikes needed) I had screw boots and wished for spikes. The alpine zone was very rocky and snow depth at times were calf deep. It felt like the summit would never appear lol I was in a freezing fog bank for the entire hike through the alpine zone. I finally made it and found the visitor center breeze way where I rested. The winds and freezing fog made it very draining lol god for I wished the train to come pick me up it was about 6 degrees on top but with the wind it was more lik 10-20 below.
Over all it was fun and I will summit again hopefully in warmer weather. Told ya id do it lol.
Jamie

This is the first of the 48 4000 footers lol 47 to go wahoo

HTML Code:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...76818&t=h&z=14Here is a link for my gps route map with sign and bridge markers.

Let me know if this link works.
Jamie

ps i know today and tomorrow look great to bad for work today lol