• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekly Wachusett Night Skiing Gathering?

loafer89

I will try to get out that way at least 2-3 times this season and it's been nearly 15 years since I skied at Wachusett.

The drive looks easier and faster from my house than Sundown.

awf170

Pulled the trigger, my pass is on its way. Man, I can't wait to ski.

Nice! Right now I'm in for every tuesday, and possibly most thursday if anyone else is going to be there. Also, I maybe getting another pair of touring bindings(for my dad) that you'll be able to use.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Nice! Right now I'm in for every tuesday, and possibly most thursday if anyone else is going to be there. Also, I maybe getting another pair of touring bindings(for my dad) that you'll be able to use.

Noice.

I'll do tuesdays and whatever thursday too. I just need to slide on some snow already.

awf170

Noice.

I'll do tuesdays and whatever thursday too. I just need to slide on some snow already.

Touring binding deal didn't work out, oh well. I'll be searching ebay and TGR so I'll probably have something by the start of the season. Probably some fritchi titinal II or III's because they're cheaper.

ChileMass

I will probably come find you boys at Wawa on some Tuesdays or Thursdays. Can't do the race team this year, but will definitely need to get out. I'm about a half hour east of Wawa.........

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Sorry, not this year. If I do get out there some weeknight I'll try to coordinate with you folks, but after two years of once-or-twice-a-week Wawa I didn't have the free time anymore to continue.

I'll be up north on my ASC pass every weekend this winter, which leaves my weeknights as precious little time for everything else I have to get done...

Greg

Staff member
I'll be up north on my ASC pass every weekend this winter, which leaves my weeknights as precious little time for everything else I have to get done...
MichaelJ participating in a skiing thread? Wow. The ski season must be getting closer. It sounds like you will really progress this year with that approach! :beer:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I predict, with two males under the age of 20, and another that thinks like that... there maybe michief when the annoying school groups arrive.

Either that or open hostility.

awf170

I predict, with two males under the age of 20, and another that thinks like that... there maybe michief when the annoying school groups arrive.

Either that or open hostility.

Dude, do you get powder mag? If so go to page 32 of the november issue and study the pictures. I'll be working on it my first day out at Wawa.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
MichaelJ participating in a skiing thread? Wow. The ski season must be getting closer. It sounds like you will really progress this year with that approach! :beer:

I've been looking at trail maps. As opposed to reading books or watching TV. I ... cannot ... wait!

This is going to be a heck of a year, indeed. Killington or Pico most weekends with some trips to Attitash and Sunday River when I can. I already have a December weekend booked at the 'Loaf, too.

Winter of '07-'08 is going to be Whistler. Oh, yes. :spread:

awf170

Damn.

No.

Save it for me.

Heres an excerpt of some of the greatness.

"Rails: BE POSITIVE OTHERS ARE WATCHING. Select a rail taller than your leg inseam and nut it, repeatedly. This is one instance in sketchy beginner skiing where a pronoucned raised volume is permissible. Let your pain be felt by all."

So your going to give this a try, right marc?

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Heres an excerpt of some of the greatness.

"Rails: BE POSITIVE OTHERS ARE WATCHING. Select a rail taller than your leg inseam and nut it, repeatedly. This is one instance in sketchy beginner skiing where a pronoucned raised volume is permissible. Let your pain be felt by all."

So your going to give this a try, right marc?

Hahaha....

...maybe.

For the right price.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Got the pass today. Still waiting on ASC.

Damn, last years Wa pic looks like I'm brain dead.

And not for lack of a good reason, either, I'd like to point out.

awf170

So what is going on with this? If it is just Marc and I, I would rather just go random days midweek to get the best conditions then just going on tuesday. So what is going on?

Zand

I'll just go with the flow. If there's one night when a few of us can be up there then we can meet I guess. The most typical night I'm there is Tuesday, but realisticly I can be there any night. I usually try to find the most decent day of the week to go. If it has snowed the day before, I won't go as it will be a ZOO. If it's during the day and it's snowing, chances are people will stay home till night skiing and I'll go up.