• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Friday 12-10

Madroch

Good first day-- if brief-- 1:30 to 4:15. Full family affair- lots of canyon runs, a couple on temptor and one down Gnareaster. Was better than the early pictures but still needs some love... tomorrow is another day.

Glenn

Yeah. Yeah. Heard that all last year. You gotta pull the mondeo approach. VT on weekends, Sundown midweek.

BTW, what other mountain consistently has seeded bumps on opening day? Lemme answer that for you: None!

I opened my mouth last year...and look how many times I got up there: 0. :lol:

I like that Mondeo approach. I ciuld just haul some gear back with me Sunday night.

Grassi21

absolutely!

while i'm sure they solid as a rock those looks damn good for day one!

and they looked drastically better around 8:15pm.

it took we about 3 or 4 runs before i was able to get some rhythm in the bumps. by the time brian and carrie showed up i was shot. did a lot of slipping of the bumps and stomping cookies. sundown laid down a serious amount of snow.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Very nice! Best first day of the season for me ever! Effortlessly slipped back into skiing, despite being in the worst shape yet at the start of a season. Only did about 6 runs, but it's all good. Needed to not wear myself out since I'll be working Sat night and need to be able to ski that shift.

Beers in the bar afterward with Grassi, his buddy, Shannon, and B were pretty good, too. :beer:

bvibert

Staff member
Great opening day! Perhaps the best yet. We got there much later than I intended and ony got less than an hour in as a result. The bumps were a lot of fun for me, small enough for me to let em run but not nearly as hard as previous opening day bumps. I'm really impressed with the product laid down so far this year!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
skiing for work? what job do you have this season?

I'm in Guest Services this year. Technically, I guess I'm a volunteer, but I get to ski during my shifts. :D

B took this pic of the bumps on Nor'Easter:
154108_1721416644175_1501085519_1741920_7624082_n.jpg