• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whos fault?

Former Sunday Rivah Rat

Former Sunday Rivah Rat

OUCH!! Maybe Ski & Boarder-cross practice :)

OUCH!!

Who Is At Fault In This Snowboarder & Skier Collision At Keystone?​

Rare open field tackle type collision caught on camera last season at Keystone on what seems like level ground. Not familiar with this area and its tough to determine who was uphill. Anyone with clarity on the situation or recognizes any other rules that may apply, please let us know who you think is at fault.

I would like to believe that is at the bottom of a trail runout and a lift line joins from 2 different sides of a lift.
The skier was stopped and the the snowboarder Tboned him, didn't even slow down.

MidnightJester

The skier was stopped and the the snowboarder Tboned him, didn't even slow down.
There was no "Noticing" the incoming impact or reaction at all. No Head or Arm movement. Either he thought they would pass each other or I believe he was looking somewhere to his right and the impact came out of his backside and peripheral vision left area which he did not pick up on.

The Snowboarder also came in and switched his riding stance to apparently a more negative vision and control ability.

Last edited:

MidnightJester

I do like to downhill Skiers 2 handed punch/push away attempt at the flying Skier. Missed serious injury by 6"-12" inches or a different launch angle by one or two degrees.

MidnightJester

I don't think either saw this impact coming. It looks to me as if the skier and the snowboarder were about even on the slope (neither uphill of one another) and were simply a collision course that resulted in this nasty double tree strike. Hoping everyone was okay. What’s your conclusion??

Edd

I don't think either saw this impact coming. It looks to me as if the skier and the snowboarder were about even on the slope (neither uphill of one another) and were simply a collision course that resulted in this nasty double tree strike. Hoping everyone was okay. What’s your conclusion??
The skier is the bigger culprit here. The snowboarder was holding a line at least. Skier t-boned him.

drjeff

AdironRider

That is a pretty lame "collision" IMO. There is no way anybody got hurt other than ego. Skier barely moved let alone knocked over.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
The snowboarder didnt even try to stop or change his direction
Yes basically No skills. He also had the option of going between them and hoping over their equipment if he was capable. But for a skilled person he would have went left.

Why would he post this video? Probably thinks it’s not his fault 🙃💩

BodeMiller1

The skier is beside a skier on the ground. The snowboarder, if that's what they call themselves these days. Is icing up the hill 😡 just like the others. 💩
Just glad I'm not in the cluster. Another example of too many people on not enough trail.

MidnightJester

I am blaming that mountains Ski Patrol and Ski tech's.
Bad waxing for sure and Why were there not more Ski patrollers directing traffic? They knew they were giving away free lift tickets and beers to the first 200 riders to actually finish and make it to the lodge.

Some of those black and orange pole things with the ropes attached too.