• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whos fault?

darent

As opposed to your generation?

" lets move on, don't look back" no one got hurt. does that make it OK!! truely a teaching moment some want to ignore.I don't like it when a skier or a sb use me as a slalom gate , lots of room out there, use it

Geoff

Great caption on the clip:
This happened at an education camp for snowboard instructors. The 2nd hit by the skier was intentionally. Stupid skiers.

I didn't realize snowboarders actually got "run them down like a dog" lessons in their education camp. It now starts making sense.

dmc

Great caption on the clip:

I didn't realize snowboarders actually got "run them down like a dog" lessons in their education camp. It now starts making sense.

It's innate for most of us.. Part of the "dark side" conversion..

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
This incident has nothing to do with how many planks are underfoot. As stated when overtaking a skier/rider, unless they have eyes in the back of their heads, the overtakee has the right of way over the overtaker. When entering a trail you must look uphill before getting on the trail as the uphill skier/rider has the right of way

2Planker

Just another 25 year patroller chiming in.... The Boarder is 100% at fault in this case.

Disregard the name -- I ride more than I ski, both working and off days....

mondeo

At fault or responsible? Different questions.

Responsible? The boarder, cut and dry, per The Code.

At fault? Boarder, skier, and whoever put that training course there. There's a reason race courses get fenced off, when you're training or racing the natural tendancy is to focus less on your surroundings than normal. There should at least be signage warning approaching skiers to stay clear of the course. If there was nothing, then ok, beginner skier doesn't know any better, pretty much off the hook, but somone screwed up in not providing warning. If there was some signage, then the skier didn't pay attention to it, but there still could have been more done to seperate the training course from the general skiing public.

Reality isn't as black and white as The Code might suggest.

polariso

Hmmm

Says it happened at an education camp.. nothing about a closed course.