• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whos fault?

UVSHTSTRM

We are now in the generation of "Ignorance is bliss".

Just curious, what generation are you from? Just a particular decade or two will do.

Going by what was posted in the video, it was clearly the boarders fault. Normally accidents happen, but man this boarder has all the time in the world to do any number of things. At the very least just take a nice long carve and clear out of the area, that is what I would have done. Not that the skier was required to do a thing, but after getting hit and looking back I would think he would have stopped, but again he may not have been a seasoned skier and just not know what to do. Seriously though, as a boarder, this guy is a tool for hitting not just once, but twice.

Polariso, what was your point of posting this? Couldn't you decide for yourself? Were you the skier?

caddis

Can someone tell me where all the confusion is?

If you look closely the skier looks like a girl to me and the boarder dude was just trying to get her attention and ask her out. Therefore no one is at fault. A little bumping on the slopes never hurt anyone. Fact is that’s how babies are made.

mlctvt

Nah, gss went over the line a lot, but he had a sense of humor.

You're right polariso is no gss.

I skied with gss once and he was funny as hell and not mean. I guess he reminded me of gss because of the heated posts, that's all.

deadheadskier

Staff member
You would, disagree that is....FREE GSS

sorry, telling Greg to 'eat a dick' on his facebook page, something that is viewed by his family, is a bit more malicious than goofy in my book. I won't even get into the awful things he posted on Andyzone about another forum members family here.

but keep up the good fight mr. rebel. we know how you love it

campgottagopee

sorry, telling Greg to 'eat a dick' on his facebook page, something that is viewed by his family, is a bit more malicious than goofy in my book. I won't even get into the awful things he posted on Andyzone about another forum members family here.

but keep up the good fight mr. rebel. we know how you love it

So, you've never made a mistake Mr. Perfect while you were pissed off??? Prolly not.

I think the kid is entertaining, that is all.

deadheadskier

Staff member
sure I have, but I also learned how to sincerely apologize and realize that what I might not find offensive, others do. when I cross that line, I apologize. In my view, he's never learned that very simple life skill.

and you know where to find him if he entertains you so

Kerovick

The code says that the uphill skier has to avoid the downhill skier. There is no debate here, the snowboarder caused the incident because they failed to do that.

dmc

The code says that the uphill skier has to avoid the downhill skier. There is no debate here, the snowboarder caused the incident because they failed to do that.

If thats the case.... And work with me here...

Why does the code also state a skier needs to look uphill before starting out?

SIKSKIER

If thats the case.... And work with me here...

Why does the code also state a skier needs to look uphill before starting out?

Oh come on DMC,now your just stiring the pot.Here is how I'll bend it then.A skier is one that is in the act of skiing.One about to start is not skiing yet.With your experience Im sure you look uphill and yield.I hope.

wa-loaf

Just be aware of your surroundings, look out for your fellow snow slider, and we'll all be OK. Big Hug everyone!

dmc

Oh come on DMC,now your just stiring the pot.Here is how I'll bend it then.A skier is one that is in the act of skiing.One about to start is not skiing yet.With your experience Im sure you look uphill and yield.I hope.

I'm not stirring the pot... I'm being serious..

Why should I look up hill if it's always the uphill skier responsibility to yield?

campgottagopee

Why should I look up hill if it's always the uphill skier responsibility to yield?

I know why I do.....common sense. I don't want to get hit, it friggin hurts.

Beetlenut

Do you just stop at a stop sign without looking before you start? It's called common sense.