Whos fault?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Whos fault?

Whos fault?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AId9S-RVJPw

The boarder is overtaking the skier (or atleast attempting to), and thus based on the skier/rider responsibility code, the over taking person has the responsibility to avoid the downhill person. Boarder to blame
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

no way. that skier was turning and taking up way too much of the slope. when i'm scooting on a board, skiis, bike or car, anyone going faster is an idiot. anyone slower ia a moron

Boarder looks like he was up hill. So, I go with boarder, but had either one hit the brakes after the first initial almost collision the whole thing would have been avoided looks like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig2002 View Post
    no way. that skier was turning and taking up way too much of the slope. when i'm scooting on a board, skiis, bike or car, anyone going faster is an idiot. anyone slower ia a moron
    While a tounge in cheek comment, to our regret, it's true thought, for way too many.

IMHO, it will continue, until area's actually start enforcing rules, and pulling passes.

I have been coaching for a long time. Some are only controled by discipline. A small minority, will never get it, and need to be dismissed.

Also, consider when approaching a slower person, not only should it trigger thoughts of lesser skills, but a higher degree of reactions - possibly based on panic.

A lift ticket provides an opportunity to share a mountain. Not own it....

No ones. It was a accident.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    The boarder is overtaking the skier (or atleast attempting to), and thus based on the skier/rider responsibility code, the over taking person has the responsibility to avoid the downhill person. Boarder to blame
    Agreed, but if the SB was in a closed racecourse, the skier should have avoided the course.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by puckoach View Post
    while a tounge in cheek comment, to our regret, it's true thought, for way too many.

Imho, it will continue, until area's actually start enforcing rules, and pulling passes.

I have been coaching for a long time. Some are only controled by discipline. A small minority, will never get it, and need to be dismissed.

Also, consider when approaching a slower person, not only should it trigger thoughts of lesser skills, but a higher degree of reactions - possibly based on panic.

amen

Quote Originally Posted by puckoach View Post
    While a tounge in cheek comment, to our regret, it's true thought, for way too many.

IMHO, it will continue, until area's actually start enforcing rules, and pulling passes.

What type of coach?

considering the snowboarder ran over the tails of the skiers boards, it is not even close who is at fault.

Imagine the nerve of that skier not getting the tails of his skis out of the boarder's way

Thread Information