Whos fault?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 149

Thread: Whos fault?

  1. #1

    Whos fault?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AId9S-RVJPw


  2. #2
    The boarder is overtaking the skier (or atleast attempting to), and thus based on the skier/rider responsibility code, the over taking person has the responsibility to avoid the downhill person. Boarder to blame
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

    '19 - '20 season:

  3. #3
    no way. that skier was turning and taking up way too much of the slope. when i'm scooting on a board, skiis, bike or car, anyone going faster is an idiot. anyone slower ia a moron

  4. #4
    Boarder looks like he was up hill. So, I go with boarder, but had either one hit the brakes after the first initial almost collision the whole thing would have been avoided looks like to me.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by powpig2002 View Post
    no way. that skier was turning and taking up way too much of the slope. when i'm scooting on a board, skiis, bike or car, anyone going faster is an idiot. anyone slower ia a moron
    While a tounge in cheek comment, to our regret, it's true thought, for way too many.

    IMHO, it will continue, until area's actually start enforcing rules, and pulling passes.

    I have been coaching for a long time. Some are only controled by discipline. A small minority, will never get it, and need to be dismissed.

    Also, consider when approaching a slower person, not only should it trigger thoughts of lesser skills, but a higher degree of reactions - possibly based on panic.

    A lift ticket provides an opportunity to share a mountain. Not own it....

  6. #6
    No ones. It was a accident.

  7. #7
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,439
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    The boarder is overtaking the skier (or atleast attempting to), and thus based on the skier/rider responsibility code, the over taking person has the responsibility to avoid the downhill person. Boarder to blame
    Agreed, but if the SB was in a closed racecourse, the skier should have avoided the course.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by puckoach View Post
    while a tounge in cheek comment, to our regret, it's true thought, for way too many.

    Imho, it will continue, until area's actually start enforcing rules, and pulling passes.

    I have been coaching for a long time. Some are only controled by discipline. A small minority, will never get it, and need to be dismissed.

    Also, consider when approaching a slower person, not only should it trigger thoughts of lesser skills, but a higher degree of reactions - possibly based on panic.

    A lift ticket provides an opportunity to share a mountain. Not own it....
    amen

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by puckoach View Post
    While a tounge in cheek comment, to our regret, it's true thought, for way too many.

    IMHO, it will continue, until area's actually start enforcing rules, and pulling passes.

    I have been coaching for a long time. Some are only controled by discipline. A small minority, will never get it, and need to be dismissed.

    Also, consider when approaching a slower person, not only should it trigger thoughts of lesser skills, but a higher degree of reactions - possibly based on panic.

    A lift ticket provides an opportunity to share a mountain. Not own it....
    What type of coach?

  10. #10
    considering the snowboarder ran over the tails of the skiers boards, it is not even close who is at fault.

    Imagine the nerve of that skier not getting the tails of his skis out of the boarder's way

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.