Whos fault? - Page 15

AlpineZone

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Whos fault?

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    If you have enough momentum to slide 50 feet down the trail after hitting someone then you're going too fast.
    What?I guess I ski too fast.Most of my crashes are more that 50 ft.
    SIKSKIER

No way the red coat was at fault.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Even though per skiers code it's red skiers fault, I'll reiterate that I think the other skier is just to blame just as much.

I think a driving scenario is a good analogy. If you're in the #3 lane going 55, and you want to go into the number #2 lane where the driver is going 75, you need to yield or at least make sure that you can change lanes cleanly. If the driver in the #3 lane goes into the #2 and cutoffs off the driver so bad that he doesn't have time to slow down to 55, and rear ends the driver previously in lane #3, it would be the fault of the driver that was rear ended for cutting off the other driver.

While there are no actual lanes so to speak of on the hill, I do believe that each skier has a responsibly to stay in their imaginary lane. If you've been making 20 foot turns, and then want to carve a huge 100 foot arc perpendicularly across the slope, you should look back uphill.

If you cause an accident by making a completely random turn that an uphill skier wouldn't be able to anticipate, you're just as much at fault in my book.
    2017/2018 Days - 88
    2016/2017 Days - 34
    2015/2016 Days - 57
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47

A TCAS or FLARM system for skiers with a heads up display on you Goggles

apparently Gwyneth is at fault

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1iAggtNDUM
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2018/19
    Breck - 12/2 12/22 12/23 1/5 1/6 2/9 3/10
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24
    Crested Butte - 3/25 3/26 3/27

From descriptions of the incident (she blindsided a guy who was standing still), it certainly sounds like GP was at fault by the "code," but it also sounds like she didn't know how to ski and was taking a beginner private lesson on a green trail.

Everyone starts out as a beginner. Sometimes novices get in over their head and get out of control. If a beginner is taking a lesson to try to get better, can you really call them negligent? Just another reason to keep your eyes peeled on green trails.

On the topic of passing and so forth, my pet peeve this year is groups of goobers congregating at a rise or turn who look uphill, see me about to pass them, and then drop in in front of me anyway! I don't mind passing these folks far closer than I ever pass otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by shwilly View Post
    From descriptions of the incident (she blindsided a guy who was standing still), it certainly sounds like GP was at fault by the "code," but it also sounds like she didn't know how to ski and was taking a beginner private lesson on a green trail.

Everyone starts out as a beginner. Sometimes novices get in over their head and get out of control. If a beginner is taking a lesson to try to get better, can you really call them negligent? Just another reason to keep your eyes peeled on green trails.

On the topic of passing and so forth, my pet peeve this year is groups of goobers congregating at a rise or turn who look uphill, see me about to pass them, and then drop in in front of me anyway! I don't mind passing these folks far closer than I ever pass otherwise.
    I agree about beginner skiers! They do not have the skill to take corrective action. They look at an obstacle when they should look where they should go to avoid the obstacle whether it is another skier or an object.

My wife got hit by a beginner out of control resulting in her breaking her shoulder ( humerus and humerus ball compression).

The real question is - would there be a lawsuit if it was not a celebrity?

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    I agree about beginner skiers! They do not have the skill to take corrective action. They look at an obstacle when they should look where they should go to avoid the obstacle whether it is another skier or an object.

My wife got hit by a beginner out of control resulting in her breaking her shoulder ( humerus and humerus ball compression).

The real question is - would there be a lawsuit if it was not a celebrity?

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app
    Recently? Hope she heals up fast. Almost have to have an eye up the hill when we stop anymore .
    "Make Greenland Green again"

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    apparently Gwyneth is at fault
    or not . . .
    https://unofficialnetworks.com/2019/...uit-ski-crash/

shit happens, wear a helmet.

2018/19
    Breck - 12/2 12/22 12/23 1/5 1/6 2/9 3/10
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24
    Crested Butte - 3/25 3/26 3/27

Thread Information