Mammoth Mountain, C.A June 6th, 2006

AlpineZone

Mammoth Mountain, C.A June 6th, 2006

Area skied: Mammoth Mountain, California.

Date Skied: June 6th, 2006.

Surface conditions: spring corn, slush.

After a long (315) mile drive through the Amargosa Desert from Las Vegas we arrived at Mammoth Resort at 11:30am.

Weather conditions where very warm with 72F at the main lodge (8,900 feet) so we skied in our shell pants with a short sleeve shirt.

We skied 6 runs between noon and 2:30pm on Broadway, Stump Jumper and the Face Chutes near the summit. The gondola is being serviced today so it was only possible to ski from 10,800' and not from the true summit at 11,041'.

The mountain is very large, but alot of it is above treeline and grommed to death. Hopefully we will find some moguls/tree skiing tomorrow, but the sking is still fun and it is nearly summer.
    2016-2017 - 21 Days

Wow. lift serviced in june. I would be a happy man. We will wait for pictures .. well not for long.
    Skiing is my addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by loafer89
    Area skied: Mammoth Mountain, California.

Date Skied: June 6th, 2006.

Surface conditions: spring corn, slush.

After a long (315) mile drive through the Amargosa Desert from Las Vegas we arrived at Mammoth Resort at 11:30am.

Weather conditions where very warm with 72F at the main lodge (8,900 feet) so we skied in our shell pants with a short sleeve shirt.

We skied 6 runs between noon and 2:30pm on Broadway, Stump Jumper and the Face Chutes near the summit. The gondola is being serviced today so it was only possible to ski from 10,800' and not from the true summit at 11,041'.

The mountain is very large, but alot of it is above treeline and grommed to death. Hopefully we will find some moguls/tree skiing tomorrow, but the sking is still fun and it is nearly summer.
    Sweet Loafer.....I know you have a a ton of pics....I hope.
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bob R
    Wow. lift serviced in june. I would be a happy man. We will wait for pictures .. well not for long.
    still lift serviced at snowbird in UT as well. though they are officially closed, they are allowing skiers and riders onto the tram as summer tourists.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Warren and I have been skiing since 6/6 and we are driving back today.

Currently we are in the Panorama gondola and will ski from the top together, it is cold at the top at 28F, but it is nice and sunny.

Pics will be posted when I get home on sunday.
    2016-2017 - 21 Days

Quote Originally Posted by loafer89
    Warren and I have been skiing since 6/6 and we are driving back today.

Currently we are in the Panorama gondola and will ski from the top together, it is cold at the top at 28F, but it is nice and sunny.

Pics will be posted when I get home on sunday.
    That's not good enough.

Pic's now.

Argggh.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Sorry, but other than some grainy pics with my smart phone, I have no way to send them to the board.

The snow is softening up nicely and some bumps and chutes are going to be skied in the next hour before I leave.
    2016-2017 - 21 Days

Here are some pictures from June 6th, we arrived late that day (12pm) so the snow was on the slushy side.

Warren skiing Cornice Bowl, with the Minarets in the background:

St Anton:

2016-2017 - 21 Days

Warren had grown quite bit. Thanks for the pictures.
    Skiing is my addiction.

Thread Information