• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

High Quality Northeast Hiking and Skiing Pics Wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Staff member
I really like Jon's idea in this thread about rotating some images on the Home page and main pages of the site. I think it will jazz up the site a bit and give something interesting to look at. If anyone has any images they would like to donate to the cause, please PM me. I can include a credit link line.

J

jlangdale

Greg, if you happen to ever want to use any of my images just let me know which ones.

Greg

Staff member
Thanks Jon. :) I will do that. I just need to work out how exactly I'm gonna do this...

pepsi

I like it, and the idea of rotating to different pictures after a time.

And, Tim's picture has me hoping that the weather is a least that clear in August when I plan on being on that trail.

Greg

Staff member
pepsi said:
I like it, and the idea of rotating to diferent pictures after a time.
Thanks Pepsi. Actually, the image will rotate with each visit, so the diversity of what you see will depend on the number of people submitting pix. Come on folks, cough 'em up! :)

Greg

Staff member
the8re said:
Greg, I've got pics, but they are all hiking. Won't do much good til that season is here... But here's a start:

http://www.dunhom.com/stephen/images/washington/lotchut.jpg

-T
Thanks the8re! I've added yours!

MichaelJ said:
Parse error: parse error in /home/alpinez/public_html/main.htm on line 135
Yup. I've been running into some issues today. :oops: Things should be resolved now. I went live with this on the main page:

http://www.alpinezone.com/

MichaelJ on the Hiking forum said:
I'll poke through my album and see what's interesting. You can also, too. They're all here
I'll take a look. If you have any that you'd really like to use, please let me know...

J

jlangdale

If I was doing it, I would really prefer to make it more 16:9-ish in ratio and flush with some of the frames.

I know you have your catalog of content links, not sure. Maybe put them in the left side framed area. I would also take the header images from maybe some of the other sections and incorporate them into an icon/button for the other sections. Summarize them a bit more and not provide as many sub-nav right off the bat. I could go on an on with ideas and suggestions.

Greg

Staff member
jlangdale said:
If I was doing it, I would really prefer to make it more 16:9-ish in ratio and flush with some of the frames.

I know you have your catalog of content links, not sure. Maybe put them in the left side framed area. I would also take the header images from maybe some of the other sections and incorporate them into an icon/button for the other sections. Summarize them a bit more and not provide as many sub-nav right off the bat. I could go on an on with ideas and suggestions.
Not sure what you mean by "flush with frames". I plan to set up some sort of buttons for the different sections. If you're bored, feel free to take a whack at it. In terms of size, I would try to stick something along the lines of this image:

gobutton.gif

I would also like to base it off the blue and green from the headers.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Thanks!

Somewhere on the web I saw a trip report from some folks who actually braved the huge slides that are between the summit and the downhill ski area, and so skied up the toll road, hiked to the summit, and skied down alpine-style.

I'll say this ... looking down on the ski area (and that alone is kind of weird), they looked awfully *cold* that day!

Greg

Staff member
MichaelJ said:
Can you handle vertical instead of horizontal images? If so, I offer this, which is one of my most favorite pictures I've ever taken.
8)

Also, a few recent shots from Whiteface, in the ADK's:
http://hiking.saletnik.org/album/in...m=/VFTT_Gathering_6.5_ADKs&image=img_1888.jpg
http://hiking.saletnik.org/album/in...m=/VFTT_Gathering_6.5_ADKs&image=img_1897.jpg
http://hiking.saletnik.org/album/in...m=/VFTT_Gathering_6.5_ADKs&image=img_1908.jpg
Thanks Michael! I added all four!

Greg

Staff member
What do you all think is a good title for this rotating image? Right now, the "Today's Forum Member Image" is kind of a misnomer as it rotates based on page view not on a daily basis. Some that I've been considering are:

"An Image from a Member"
Simply, "Forum Member Image"

........I'm having a brainfreeze on coming up with something catchy. Any ideas?

Greg

Staff member
How about "Featured Member Photo"?

Greg

Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.