• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Az ski racing teams

Vortex

Bump.

We have 3 potential people interested who are not posters for the last spot for Monday's Pats team.

I still would like an active member to join our team. Then we can start working on a 2nd team. Scott, Ga2ski,Charlie, Roark, Treeskier and myself are again coming back for the Monday night avtivities. Chile has moved on, but I think he will make a visit or two.

Monday night is the slowest night. The least amount of racing suits and most relaxed attitude. We usaually meet between 5 and 5.30 grab a few runs till about 6.15 and sign up. Kind of a Chinese fire drill, but not that bad.

Then we grab a few more runs and check the coarse out. We get our two runs in fairly quick and some grab a couple more runs. We usually have 1 or 2 people that grab a table at the lounge.

About 9ish the race results are posted. All the runs are video taped and played on the TV in the Lounge. That may be the most enjoyable part. Especially if you beat Treeskier on you run or if you have a nice view of yourself getting draggged out of the Woods.:-D

The whole race coarse is set up quite easy so any intermediate skier can navigate it easily. We usually are all home in Bed by 11 and I live an hour away from Pats. So it does not kill you come Tuesday. Actually feels like a 3 day weekend all winter.

Thaller1, Whaller and Terry have got a team going at Shawnee peak. Props to T and her company for getting that going. If you don't want to race at least come out and watch us and join us for a laugh and a lie in the lounge afterwords. Beats riding the exercise bike.

ga2ski

If all goes well with my mother-in-law watching my son on Mondays and Tuesdays (trying to save two days a week at day care) then my wive will be racing unless we find someone else. We will confirm in after a few weeks of spending one night a week with my mother-in-law.

Vortex

The space is taken. Mrs took pictures and came out and supported us.
A female member is a good idea for ballance. and she deserves props for putting up with you.

Lets start on the 2nd team. Ga2ski ask your co-worker again if you please. Roark you had made mention of a co-worker as well.

Nice work Ga2ski.

Any others have interest.

ga2ski

Well she isn't a definite yet, but more like a probable. Like I said it is contigent on me being able to survive Monday night each with my mother-in-law.

I will check with my co-worker to see if he is still interested.

Terry

Got a definate comitment today from John, one of the people I have asked for the Shawnee Peak team. In am still working on the other, who will be a ringer if I can convince him to ski with us! Last year he was consistantly in the top 4 or 5 every week. I'll keep you posted. :daffy:

skibum9995

I'm interested but have a couple questions. About how much does it cost? What is included in the cost? Do you get some practice runs and/or freeskiing in? What time do you need to show up by? I'll be graduating in December and I have no idea where I'll be working by the time race season comes around, therefore I don't know what time I'll be able to get out of work and how far the drive will be, if I even find a job by then.

Vortex

I can only comment on Pats. Race starts at 7. Coarse gets set around 6.15. You can ski from 3pm on. Lifts close at 9pm. Runs 9 weeks straight from 1st week in Jan, but I bet we start on the 8th cause we race on Monday's and the 1st Monday in Jan is is New years day.

All that is not settled until captains meeting on Dec.
Cost it was $650 per team last year. We all paid around $110 and got shirts with the left over money. Won't be much different this year. I will again pay the fee in advance for the 1st Pats team. I was paid back quite quickly last year. Getting on a team in Dec might be a bit harder, but not impossible. They usaually have room for folks to join in other teams. Pats does help with placement. Pats program has races mon-Thurs. Monday being the most Mellow thurs being the most busy and many good teams.

Last edited:

Vortex

A little update. this propably will be spread around by Pats at sometime. This year when you show you race pass on a non race night Mon-Thurs only. You will be able to buy a night ticket for $20. 3p to 9p.

Vortex

I'm plan on going a few non race nights. Pats just listens and reacts to what Patrons ask for. They get business, but still have the New england flavor.

Vortex

Time to get going here. Still waiting for 1 more member. I would like to get this done soon. There are benefits like cheaper off race night night skiing also. Really busy at work. I would like to get this done and move on.

ga2ski

You are looking for one more member for what . . . the first or second team? I can definitely fill the first team with eiather my wife or my co-worker. Pretty sure that my wife will race though.

Vortex

It was more the 1st team. I just wanted to get one done before working on the 2nd team. If your bride or work buddy can take the last spot then I'll just wait it out Ga2ski.

I wanted to have 7 and get us registered. I think in the next week or so everything gets posted on the how to and when.

Vortex

Last year they posted everything the 1st week of oct. I have been talking with the marketing dept on some stuff. ie racer discounts.

I think soon. I'll get the info asap. I'll pay and then get the info out so you all can get back to me. Everyrone was cool last year and I have no problem doing it again.