• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Az ski racing teams

Vortex

T you might was to post a trip and event thread also.

Thaller1 and Hubby are about as good a people you will ever find.. Take her up on the offer. Terry is alot of fun as well. Come on gang get out and have some fun. Better than riding the exercise bike.

ga2ski

Cool, welcome skibum9995.

I wonder if we'll be racing on Downdraft (the public Nastar course) - neither Twister or FIS are open yet (although the snow report does mention snowmaking on lower Twister twice).
Regardless, looking forward to it!:beer:

Looks like Pat's got Twister open, so we will all be racing on our favorite trail . . .not.

roark

Looks like Pat's got Twister open, so we will all be racing on our favorite trail . . .not.
IIRC Downdraft has the pitch of lower Twister anyway, at least we'll get a "black." Hope they can at least build up a starting mound.

Vortex

I have admit...... I concerned if this will happen. Still planning on it. Please post if your going to be there Monday. I have not heard from everyone.

hammer

IIRC Downdraft has the pitch of lower Twister anyway, at least we'll get a "black." Hope they can at least build up a starting mound.
I thought that Downdraft was a bit steeper than lower Twister...it's a pretty short trail in any case. Better than nothing I guess.

I am still looking to go to Pats with the family on Sunday...I'll try to report back on the conditions.

roark

I thought that Downdraft was a bit steeper than lower Twister...it's a pretty short trail in any case. Better than nothing I guess.

I am still looking to go to Pats with the family on Sunday...I'll try to report back on the conditions.
Honestly I only went over to that side of the hill once. we usually just run laps on the summit chairs. Anything is certainly better than nothing and Pat's does a great job snowmaking. We'll take whatever we can get!

skibum9995

Looks like I'll be getting there around 4:30 or so. I've never been to Pats before, will it be obvious where I need to go to get the paperwork?

roark

Looks like I'll be getting there around 4:30 or so. I've never been to Pats before, will it be obvious where I need to go to get the paperwork?
The main lodge is on the left as you walk up. Go upstairs. We'll meet just outside the bar.

hammer

I was at Pats today...here is what I saw:
  • Downdraft was closed.
  • Upper Twister has no snow...Lower Twister looked like it was closed.
  • Races today were being run on East Wind, and I'd guess that tomorrow night will be on East Wind as well.
  • Overall coverage is very spotty...only sections of a few trails had side to side.
  • Hurricane is full of big, hard bumps. Everyone going down the trail was picking their way down.
Still had a good time...even with all of the bare patches and hardpack/ice, the mountain was still skiable.

roark

Thanks for the update hammer.

Hopefully there will still be coverage after tomorrows r@in.

This was the first weekend I didn't get out since before Tday :x