• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Az ski racing teams

Vortex

Well the Pats' team seems to be all set for next year. I would love to see a 2nd team formed. I have been talking to Ga2ski about this. I have sent a couple Pm's out to see if we might be able to get a 2nd team going. Sounds like there is a WAWA team already, but not an AZ one. Any takers on getting one going there? Pm me if your interested in getting more info on how Pats' works or post if you want to help get a team going at WAWA or anywhere else. This is a blast. Kind of like Bowling night or as I say better than a night on the stationary bike.

Sky

Maybe we can "affiliate" our team with AZ...or another group of folks can organize thier own team. The tough part seems to be finding a female racer (not "mandatory" but you get "dinged" for not have a female team member's times every week).

We had 5 folks last year...our female racer ended up only racing once...so we got a female replacement to race under the girls name. The replacement was asked to join originally...but she couldn't "commit". Once she hit the gates...she wanted in. She used to race and was originally concerned about the "serious commitment". After her first race...she found it to be just enough of a kick to make it fun...without the race-hype she remembered.

When Billski comes back out of hybernation...I'll see what we would need to do to convert the current Wa team to an AZ link. No promises. I'm just a "member" of the team.

ga2ski

No female requirements at Pat's, but I did bring Scott with me each week.

Actually my wife wants to race next season, but we need to find a babysitter for that to happen. It is way too early for her to committ right now.

Last edited:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Sky521 said:
Maybe we can "affiliate" our team with AZ...or another group of folks can organize thier own team. The tough part seems to be finding a female racer (not "mandatory" but you get "dinged" for not have a female team member's times every week).

We had 5 folks last year...our female racer ended up only racing once...so we got a female replacement to race under the girls name. The replacement was asked to join originally...but she couldn't "commit". Once she hit the gates...she wanted in. She used to race and was originally concerned about the "serious commitment". After her first race...she found it to be just enough of a kick to make it fun...without the race-hype she remembered.

When Billski comes back out of hybernation...I'll see what we would need to do to convert the current Wa team to an AZ link. No promises. I'm just a "member" of the team.

Sooo, will I have to cross dress or what?

Vortex

Ga2ski I am serious about getting a 2nd team going. I would watch the baby for your bride's run and help out. I'm sure that could be done. We all could help out with that ...unless you don't want the baby out. Marc... good to know if we need another girl ..... Thankx for stepping up for the team. Glad its not the Pats' team.:-o

Vortex

Better idea, just be great if she could join us. My wife had some interest, but just to late getting home for her and to long for the kids to be alone.

ga2ski

Bob R said:
Ya she kicks his a--. Complains alot less about how it hurts to Tele also.

Not sure about at least one of those statements . . .. hmmm which one do I mean.:razz:

Not sure if she would race on tele or not. I'm guessing not, but she is good tele skier.

Does anyone know if the daycare was still open at Pat's on monday nights?

Terry

There are night racing leagues on wed and thurs nights at Shawnee Peak. I think that I am going to race again this year. If you are interested, let me know. You can check it out on their web sight under racing with the moon.:daffy:

thaller1

Terry said:
There are night racing leagues on wed and thurs nights at Shawnee Peak. I think that I am going to race again this year. If you are interested, let me know. You can check it out on their web sight under racing with the moon.:daffy:

I'm definitely interested!! I'll check out the site, thanks!

roark

A couple blurry shots from the finals last year:
ga2 in full racing regalia
Image024.jpg

ga2 & Scott in the gates ('throw me a jacket... please!')
Image027.jpg

Looking forward to next season:daffy:

ga2ski

Roark - I would have expected that from Bob or Tree_Skier. I'll remember this and get you back when you least expect it. :argue:

Hey if you are lucky I'll bust out my old racing pants and sweater that are vintage of tree_skier's.:daffy:

Vortex

You just lucky the picture is blurry. I have never seen a tele-skier in a race suit, pray to the ski Gods' we don't again. You and Dave do make a nice couple though. Erik I got a new hiking, ski back pack so hiking and skiing can be combined.:spin: looking for a Tucks guided tour next year.